Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-07-11 1:44PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Friday Float on the Upper Potomac

A friend and I did the 10-mile canoe float from Bonds Landing to Little Orleans on the upper Potomac in Maryland.  Put in at 9:00 am, and the first hour was slow - the water level was about a foot below normal and very warm.  We finally figured out that green pumpkin was the color, and then we stayed busy.  We fished the deeper holes along the banks, and the best strikes were as soon as the lures hit the water.  When we pulled out at 6:00, we had managed to get 67 fish in the canoe - a couple of brim and rock bass, but the rest were all very healthy smallies.  We probably missed three fish for every one landed.  It was truly non-stop fishing.  Sorry, but no pictures.  We measured seven that were 12" and larger - but even the 9-11 inchers put up a great fight.  I had two bend the swivels on my line.  One of the best days we've had on that stretch of the river.  And then we finished the day with the best tasting cheesburgers at Bill's Place.  I'm heading back to the same stretch in September, and hopefully it will be as productive.

#2 Aug-07-11 6:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Friday Float on the Upper Potomac

Very nice....how far is it from here?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-08-11 5:39AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Re: Friday Float on the Upper Potomac

It's just over 2 hours from Ashburn - midway between Hancock and Cumberland, MD off I-68.

Board footer