Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-24-11 4:59PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Upper Potomac Medley 7/24

Launched at Kepheart about 6am with a much lower water level than July 4.  On the way downstream I found a sweet spot that produced several small smallies and largemouths.  The instant the lure hit the water they were nailing it.   While crossing the the river I picked up one redbreast sunfish and a 14" smallie, the largest of the day.   On the other side I started casting to a laydown with a small crankbait.  It got nailed and it really felt like a catfish.  When I finally started getting it to surface it came undone.  So I tossed my larger crankbait to the same spot hoping it would still be there.  It was and it came undone again.   So I tried a different color crankbait to give it something else to look at.  No go so back to the original.  I manage to hook it again and landed it this time.  It was a typical 17" or so channel cat.  I caught a few more cats in the 17-20" range and a few smallies around 12".  Also caught my first rock bass.  9"

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/Fishing/rockbass.jpg

The river seemed about a foot lower than July 4 judging by the dry dirt on the leaves of the trees knocked over into the river just before July 4.

#2 Jul-24-11 5:24PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Upper Potomac Medley 7/24

Nice work T.!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-24-11 6:13PM

SteveSquared

Re: Upper Potomac Medley 7/24

Nice work man! way to stick in there and catch that stubborn fish!

Board footer