Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-21-11 9:17AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Bay Bridge July 20, 2011 - Kayak LTJ

I fished the Bay Bridge last night with two other LTJ kayakers. I caught 11 between 19 and 27 inches and one that was 14 inches. I used BKDs, Swamp Munkeys, and flukes. Seemed like there were fish there, but they weren't feeding. Casting up current and bouncing back towards you would produce a subtle tap, needed to be ready for it as I missed a lot of fish that were bumping it. The live-lining guys were having a very slow night. I saw a couple boats hook up only to loose the fish in the pilings. Others said they had been there all day without a bite. The spot they were using looked dinner sized! I kept one fish and I caught it on a swamp munkey when reeling it up fast, 22" and it was filleted to be released in a hot oil bath tonight!

I have been looking for a backup rod to carry in my Revo and I found one at Bass Pro that will work. It’s made for ice fishing but it had no problem jigging a ¾ ounce head with a BKD and got me a nice 20 incher! I need to work on a better camera mount, but I got some good shots of the other kayaker. He had the hot hand and had well over 15 fish for the night with two large ones. It was his first time successfully jigging the pilings so it was great to see him pick it up so fast!

Hd link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXx4isM-g1c&hd=1

Last edited by Redfish12 (Jul-21-11 9:20AM)

#2 Jul-21-11 9:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Bay Bridge July 20, 2011 - Kayak LTJ

Nice work!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-21-11 9:26AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice video. Looks like fun!

tight lines

#4 Jul-21-11 2:20PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Dang I need more lures and rods.
Nice work as always.

#5 Jul-21-11 8:39PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Joe, the bite was not as good as it was last time we went, they were barely tapping it. I'm hoping this Sunday they will be more aggressive!

The small rod worked fine for back up. I was pleased that it was able to jig bkd and feel the taps. I think you're going to like the bps rods!

#6 Jul-22-11 4:50AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Redfish12 wrote:

Joe, the bite was not as good as it was last time we went, they were barely tapping it. I'm hoping this Sunday they will be more aggressive!

The small rod worked fine for back up. I was pleased that it was able to jig bkd and feel the taps. I think you're going to like the bps rods!

I am goin to test a 32" (Cabelas) rod given by Atlanta King. It is similar to your shorty.

joe

Board footer