Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-05-11 11:30AM

Rob Allen

Solomon's report July 2nd --

On Saturday night – we went out to Cedar Point Rip - at the Mouth of Pax River

South wind – outgoing tide – you do the math –  a bit choppy
Three boats at the rockpile working it – Nada – I had to pilot the boat while my son and his girlfriend attempted to throw lures –

He lost a Lil' Jimy bucktail (Ouch!!!) and she lost a Bkd jig set up – that was that at the Rockpile -

So I looked east at the rip – and saw a bird  - then a few more – so we sauntered over – and found several schools of schoolies – stacked up on the “ridge”

The neat thing was the south wind held us in place on the ridge – and we just casted up current and worked it like a river – we caught 40 – 50 schoolies 14 – 19 inches – I have a feeling there were some bigger fish hugging the bottom – but my main goal was to get them some action – and they had a great time – We left them still biting at 8:45 as it was getting dark..

Lil’jimy 3/8 oz caught 98% of fish – the lil bunker spoon caught a few too–

No Bluefish at all….

Left my new camera at the house – sorry.

So hopefully a pattern has developed out there –

On Sunday, we headed out – but as I always do – turned on marine weather radio – and they were freaking out with a forecast of thunderstorms on the WX channel – although forecasted up at Ches Beach – I did not want to chance anything – and headed back  - but my bet would be that they were once again on the feed out there - - did not fell like getting fried though…  The lightning action was real cool from the screen porch though…. I hope to get out on a regular basis going forward now that schedules have settled down a bit at home–

Rob

#2 Jul-05-11 2:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Solomon's report July 2nd --

Outstanding....glad to hear the schoolies are schooling. My 3 trips to Poplar so far have produced nary a fish this year. But the white perch on ULT have saved our days!!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer