Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-14-11 2:18PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Briery Creek Lake

OK, not yet.  But I will be fishing it early Friday morning since I'm heading down south for some races over the weekend.  I'll also fish the race track pond too.   Hopefully I have something good to report.

#2 Jun-14-11 5:52PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

Re: Briery Creek Lake

Good luck.  I love that place, wish it was not so far.  You can have a good day while staying in sight of the ramp (the ramp at mid-lake).

Shamelessly stolen from one of Wayne P.'s posts about Briery:

"An example of how some approach fishing was yesterday at Briery Creek. I had loaded the boat on the trailer around 7PM and a guy came in with his wife to start fishing. He asked me how was the fishing, I said "kind of slow" but the thermocline is forming at about the 15' level and all the bass I caught were in the 7'-12' range. I had caught 51 bass and showed him what I had used. His reply, "I'm gonna be fishing deeper than that". He had a small jon boat with electric motor and no electronics.
As I was leaving, I saw him fishing next the the first trees out from the ramp. "

By "yesterday" I take it he meant 6/13/2011 as the above was posted today.

Last edited by mudkart (Jun-14-11 5:59PM)

#3 Jun-15-11 5:16AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

As we move down to Richmond, my access to Briery will increase. I already have invites pending to go down there. Can't wait. Let us know how it goes T and good luck in the races!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#4 Jun-17-11 4:59PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Got on the water about 5:30 along with several bass boats.  I started by throwing topwater but there really wasn't any surface activity to speak of.  So I switched to my skunk killer mini crankbait and within a few casts I hooked up with a really nice 9" blue gill.  Felt like it was even bigger.  Then I hooked into a 15" large mouth.  Seemed like more of snag since it was hooked underneath and behind the mouth.   Next was a dink bass on a senko.  Then 14" bass again on the mini crankbait, it was hooked the same way as the other one.  Either they're blind or they don't know where their mouth is.   Ended up with one more dink bass and a small blue gill.   Didn't notice the nearby boats catching anything.  They were in deeper water.  All mine were shallow.  I didn't put too much effort into the deeper water.  Pics to come.

#5 Jun-17-11 5:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

Good job T!

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Jun-18-11 4:06PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

BG shown at roughly actual size

http://home.earthlink.net/~sundayride/fish/BCL-BG.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~sundayride/fish/BCL-LMB1.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~sundayride/fish/BCL-LMB2.JPG

#7 Jun-22-11 3:02PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Besides Briery Creek I fished the pond at the race track.  Got skunked the Friday evening.   Saturday I finally found out where some fish where.  I caught five or so dink bass and a bluegill on a bitsy minnow.  Seemed like they were probably feeding on the minnows along the edge of the pond.  I wanted to get a little more distance on my casts and chose a Rapala jointed silver shad rap since it resembled the minnows.  After just a few casts of that it got nailed right as it hit the water.  It was a decent size bluegill that barely fit the hook in its mouth.   Finished up with this 17" bass.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sundayride/fish/VIRbass.jpg

My next time down there I'll probably try my luck in the Dan River.  There are supposed to be some stripers in Danville.

Last edited by T. (Jun-22-11 3:02PM)

Board footer