Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-17-11 5:03PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Potomac Summer fishing

I am going to Fletchers for fathers day and was wondering what to use for striper or snakehead.

I have heard that stripers are busting the channel during the summer. Is this true? Is it happening now? if so what should i use to catch them? A spook? swimbait?

Also, are there any places by fletchers that are good for snakeheads? What should i use for them?

Thanks for the help,

Tyler

#2 Jun-17-11 5:09PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Potomac Summer fishing

Tyler- the Fletcher's spring game is over.... done.... kaput! Yes, one can still catch stripers there but it's now a summer pattern (LMB, SMB, BD's etc).

Check out what I am saying: http://www.fletcherscove.com/fishing_report.htm

Snakeheads have left the area and are back in their usual shallow water, back of the creeks hiding places.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-17-11 5:26PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

What type of lure should i use that would be the most productive. size is not that important i just want to catch something.

Would cut herring still work for catfish? what is a "summer pattern" for stripers, SMB, and LMB in the potomac by fletchers?

I know you dont want go into that much detail but can you give me an idea?

#4 Jun-17-11 6:13PM

Ernie
Administrator

I have not fished Fletcher's in the summer since the 80's.....

Saying that, I would throw deep diving crankbaits just below the cove before the river widens out again.....the water there is deeper. You can throw soft plastics near the shore, off wood and behind the rocks. To me, that is "summer pattern". Others may agree or disagree.

Not sure where you are going to get herring....

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jun-18-11 10:46AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

K thanks. I just realized that herring is seasonal so i will not be using herring. would hotdogs work for catfish?

Board footer