Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-12-11 7:30PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Crappie in Occoquan River 2 of 2 and 3 of 3

Fishing in Occoquan River, VA (May 1 and May 6) “Lure (colors) do matter”

Here are 2 more episodes of fishing in Occoquan River, in April and May.  I tried to show spots that were not on the previous videos.  I also tried to show the changes on my lure selection from the end of April and the beginning of the May.  Fish preferred dark colors so I tried the black lure and it worked for two days. Or I heard Taylor Swift on the radio before I hit the water.

This video shows a typical day (not so special day) of fishing in the river. I took more valid videos on the day than other days

Until I have a full day off so I can hit the saltwater, I will fish for snakehead or white perch which I have not catch any in the Occoquan River.

http://www.youtube.com/user/comeonfish0 … go5LwPPzgk

http://www.youtube.com/user/comeonfish0 … 75zgkE4g0E

Joe

#2 May-12-11 11:36PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Crappie in Occoquan River 2 of 2 and 3 of 3

John Odenkirk says that there are tons of snakeheads in the deeper water between the footbridge and the rocks at the back end of the Occoquan River.  They shocked it this past week and turned up 80+ snakeheads in about an hour.  A number of anglers fishing from the boulders in the back end of the river are reporting 40-80 per day being caught.  These fish are spawning in the back end of the river. They are about done, so they are in the process of heading back out toward the mouth of the river, but there are plenty of them.  Along with them are smallmouth and largemouth bass, stripers, herring, shad, white perch, crappie and sunfish.  The fish density here is outstanding.

Charlie NHBA.........

Board footer