Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-10-08 11:47AM

rit.05

4-10-08, Potomac

Caught some shad before sunrise and headed out to find a lot of very thick fog. I decided not to try dodging all the fast movers chasing their precious bucket mouths, so I set up just off Belvoir on some really big fish. They weren't turned on though, but I am sure they were stripers.

The fog broke and I headed up to Ft Washington. Full incoming tide and more 30-40lb cats than I felt like counting. All in 45-52' of water on fresh cut shad. I was solo and was getting wore out, and the big ones weren't there, so...

Moved down to a spot near Mt Vernon and caught a couple more nice ones as the tide died off. Biggest was 49lbs.

Only had a half day for fishing, so maybe I'll find a 50lber next week....

#2 Apr-10-08 12:37PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 4-10-08, Potomac

Good job. Where did you find the herring? They weren't there yesterday.

smile

#3 Apr-10-08 12:44PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan,

That is some good work! I take it the cats will stay around after the stripers leave? Might be a good late spring to summer fishery!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Apr-12-08 8:00AM

rit.05

Catfish are year round fishery. They are prespawn right now and will pretty much shut down for May and June to spawn. The rocks should stay long enough to make them legal here in a couple weeks.

I planned a TDY course in Alabama for May-late June so I won't miss any big catfish...you gotta have priorities.

BTW - My boat is for sale if anybody is looking. It is a 2001 18' Wellcraft Fisherman w/ a 135 Johnson. It runs great and is a perfect fishing boat for the Potomac and bay. If anybody is interested email me at drittler@msn.com for pictures. I have a test ride tomorrow with a serious buyer. First $10,000 takes boat, motor and trailer.

Board footer