Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-18-10 8:11PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

notes...

While Elizabeth and her Dad rolled by in the red pick-up,
The grey clouds stole much of what little lite the mid-december afternoon could afford.
They felt happy.
Fishing was an adventure for both:For Dad, it meant solace-focus, peace, and solvency.
To the girl it was about  togetherness, the ease of speaking.

She chattered in the free-flowing, unedited mind of a child. Dad mainly listened as he drove, passing thoughts, noticing construction work along the road, mentally logging the progress or lack thereof  since last view...It was quiet time for both.

Dad turned into a 7-11. Elizabeth lit! Soon they strolled out  with coffee, hot chocolate, and a bag of powdered donettes.
Good natured arguing ensued, as to who was going to hold the bag. It seems the possessor enjoyed a higher rate of sugar puffs on the tongue, much to  the detriment and envy of the other.

By water's edge the bag was long empty. Dad was relieved to see enough ice-free water to get a line into. Elizabeth was looking at boats moored silently for the winter. She wondered aloud if people ever lived in them.

Dad rigged a tube jig. He guiltily puffed a smoke. Elizabeth talked about the birds. With relief dad finally pitched the tiny bait into the frigid water...

#2 Dec-19-10 4:28AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: notes...

Good moments.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-21-10 8:41AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

the art of the vertical jig:

how better to pass the dimly lit hours of the short days?

a bald eagle picks at the carcass  of a winter stress kill, these shad that roll up - stiff in the ice

Thomas shrinks further in side each of his seven shirts. The 1/32 Atomic Grub begins it's circuitous route down, falling as much as 15 feet on some drops. A pulsing wind waffles the flaccid coils of 4# mono.
Middle age eyes squint to detect the pause -- It signals the offering has finally reached bottom.

Is it a keen or a dull mind? required to draw down all focus: We lift only to feel the distant weight of the pick-up.
Less, always less--wait for It...

#4 Dec-23-10 11:58AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

many looks, each expressed with diligence-

the one inch teeny twister/ smoke pepper: descending on a 1/32 chartreuse
jig head.
Dab a moment of mega-strike, then off with the pendulum flip, the micro-offering drops only a few feet, then tic!

The sweep, a surge-then steady throbbing, until a short& portly rock bass emerges. Thomas takes special note:
the mouth is wide, the body trembles. What a cute little package!
The fish plops back in a disappears...

Another boat takes modest note.
The fellows are wrapped up tight in winter garb, yet they still wear the distinctive hump of the affected.
At length and on course, the craft sidles over.

Obligatory pleasantries are exchanged. Three guys on the water understand love, within the bounds and guise of masculinity.
Hours of silence, a study in fortitude.
It is an odd bird, that hears the call of the water on such a day.

#5 Dec-23-10 12:24PM

Ernie
Administrator

I, for one, am enjoying these writings.....especially since all I can do is look at my gear. What is the sense of having all of this gear if I am not using it?

Soon, some of my older stuff (UL and Lite) will go to the Classifieds....at a price that cannot be beat. My hopes is that someone will enjoy them as much as I did.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer