Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-19-10 12:24PM

Sixspeedsam
Website

G Loomis Rod Repair - Guide Tip Insert Fell Out

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with warranty repair with G Loomis? I got the rod several years ago as a gift, and today while I was fishing the rod tip insert (believe it Fuji alconite insert?) fell out. So now it's just a bare metal tip sad

I'm assuming G Loomis would repair, but I would have to ship it to them. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can take the rod to get it fixed? Only local place I could think of is Dick's, and I'm not even sure if they could fix it. I read online that I could fix it myself, but it would void the warranty on the rod if I did.

Thanks.

#2 Sep-19-10 12:33PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Re: G Loomis Rod Repair - Guide Tip Insert Fell Out

rod and reel repair in arlington does quick and good work, make sure you have the alconite or sic inserts or new guide for them to use since their best one I believe is ceramic

#3 Sep-19-10 12:37PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Dick's will not replace the rod tip. I would take it to Rod and Reel repair in Arlington and get it fixed for cheap although it might void the warranty.

#4 Sep-19-10 1:16PM

Ernie
Administrator

You should contact Loomis 1st but I agree....Phil at R&R Repair will get it done. Tell him to get you the high end components.

I don't think getting rod tips fixed voids warranties.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Sep-19-10 2:54PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

I think anything not Original Manufacturer or work done by anyone other than a company qualified agent voids a rods warranty but who knows I could be wrong

#6 Sep-19-10 4:44PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I called Loomis when I broke mine in half.  I paid 50 dollars.  They sent me the rod in a tube and I had to send the old one back in the same tube that was already sealed to ship to them with the stamp things already on it.

#7 Sep-19-10 6:42PM

Sixspeedsam
Website

Thanks guys. I'll contact Loomis to check about the warranty. If someone else doing the work doesn't void the warranty, I'll twist their arm for some new guides smile Then off to Rod and Reel. Appreciate the referral.

#8 Sep-20-10 2:45PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

I did the same thing as Charlie, I think it's called Expeditor service. They ship you a new one for $50 ($65 overnight) and you send them the old one back. They will fix it for free with the standard warranty service, but you have to pay shipping both ways and sometimes it can take them a couple months to get it back to you. Expeditor is the way to go.

#9 Sep-20-10 3:48PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

G. Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty Questions Answered................

Lately we have been hearing many rumors about changes in the G. Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty. Surprisingly, most of what we have heard and seen simply is incorrect. We read many blogs on the Internet and the "information" posted regarding G. Loomis' Limited Lifetime Warranty is so incorrect that you wonder just who got it so wrong and how they could take that info and post it.  Being G. Loomis' only Superstore we figured now is a good time to separate the reality from rumor and misinformation.

First, the price for Xpeditor Service has been raised from $50 to $100. Considering that the price has been $50 for about 12 years this seems reasonable to us and is less than it would have been if Loomis had increased the price by $5 per year since this program was introduced. Obviously someone was asleep at the switch at Loomis regarding Xpeditor pricing, so it was raised this year. Shimano has owned G. Loomis for over 12 years, so these changes are not due to any recent acquisition, but simply an attempt to bring the costs of the G. Loomis warranty program up to date with current costs of shipping and handling.

We are not aware of ANY G. Loomis rods that are excluded from the Loomis warranty. If a rod is obsolete then it will be repaired or, if unrepairable, replaced by the closest current model which is the way it has always worked. If a rod has been broken by something other than structural failure (car door, ceiling fan, pickup tailgate, rod locker, etc.) we continue to recommend using Xpeditor as this is a sure fire way to get a new, replacement rod in just a few days.

Our experience with Loomis has been and continues to be absolutely wonderful regarding warranties. We always encourage customers to use us for any warranty rod replacements since we always have every current model available in stock. Xpeditor is now $100, normal warranty service is $25 through American Legacy Fishing Company.

Keep in mind that ALL G. Loomis rods come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If your rod is damaged or broken you can either send the rod to us, into the G. Loomis factory, or use Loomis' Xpeditor Service direct or through us. If you send the rod into the factory Loomis will inspect the damaged rod and will, at Loomis' discretion, either repair or replace the rod and ship it back to you at Loomis' expense. If the damage is due to neglect Loomis will contact you with an estimate of repair (or replacement) cost.

If you use Loomis' Xpeditor Service you can either contact G. Loomis online at www.gloomis.com, call the factory at 1-877-577-0600, or call American Legacy Fishing Company at 1-877-402-6350. Upon receipt of your Xpeditor request and payment of $100 ($125 CAD) Loomis (or ALFC) will ship you a new replacement rod along with a prepaid return shipping label for your damaged rod. Done deal.

For the new NRX rods you MUST REGISTER your rod. We cannot stress enough how important it is to register your new NRX rod. Go to www.gloomis.com for the appropriate form. Mail this form along with your purchase receipt to the indicated address. Shortly thereafter you will receive a "wild card" which you can use to replace your damaged NRX rod at no cost, no questions asked. This replacement must be handled by an authorized G. Loomis Dealer (such as American Legacy). Do not send your damaged NRX rod to the factory as long as you have your "wild card". If your replacement NRX rod is then damaged you can send that damaged rod into the G. Loomis factory for replacement or repair. Conditions outlined above will apply. Xpeditor Service is not available for NRX rods.

To briefly summarize, NOTHING has changed with the G. Loomis limited lifetime warranty except that the Xpeditor Service has increased from $50 to $100 and the new NRX rods come with a "wild card" that allows you a free, one time replacement no questions asked. We are always happy to handle any Loomis warranty and can assure everyone the service you receive today will be the same (or better) than you have experienced in the past. We are always here to take care of G. Loomis customers any way we can.

#10 Sep-21-10 7:55AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Phil does great work. He's fixed several Penn reels for me that I've managed to break/salt on the kayak. I plan on having him cut down the butts on some of my rods this year to be more comfortable on the kayak.

Board footer