Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-03-10 10:35AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Upper Bay Perchin' Sun-Mon

Me and the missus had an overnighter on one of the boats Sunday-Monday. We launched from Bodkin Creek in Pasadena with a plan to go up to explore Baltimore's Inner Harbor and to catch a Heart concert at Pier Six. They always put on a great show. Reserved a transient slip at Baltimore Inner Harbor Marine Center. Very nice facility. Kinda cool going by boat...

But before heading up river on Sunday did some bottom bouncing in the knoll areas. And then again on Monday on the way back! Couldn't keep the white perch off the hook. (Gulps & fishbites. I'm done messing with bloodworms!) Some real nice ones too, up to 10". Pretty good pullage on light tackle. The spot were there as well but couldn't find any croaker. I would have thought with the dry summer we'd see plenty of them in this area by now. Ah fishing... :-)

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#2 Aug-04-10 5:53AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Upper Bay Perchin' Sun-Mon

Nice report.
I need a bigger boat now!

smile

#3 Aug-04-10 6:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice John.....nothing like WP on LT!

You know, the stripers kinda lure us in but he croaker are much better fighters. Since we don't have many puppy drum around here, we should be chasin' their cousins for some LT pullage!

jumping jasper wrote:

Interested in the Queen Mary?

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Aug-04-10 6:59AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Agree regarding WP on light tackle. Had a couple pullin' drag! Also on the croaker. I love stripers but since moving to this area and discovering croaker they do put up a great fight on the right tackle.

At it again tomorrow. My brother & family are in town. Gonna provide my 2 nephews (ages 10 & 13) their first taste of the Chesapeake!

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#5 Aug-05-10 4:51AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

jumping jasper wrote:

Interested in the Queen Mary?

Does she come with a parking spot?

smile

#6 Aug-05-10 5:02AM

Ernie
Administrator

jumping jasper wrote:

Does she come with a parking spot?

You know the answer to that one.....if I sell her, another boat will take her place!

My garage is 1/2 for my fishing stuff and 1/2 for Debbie's car....no room there!

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Aug-05-10 7:07AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Nice work John! I'm hoping to go out and make another croaker focused trip soon. They really do put up a great fight on light tackle. My tentative plan for the M&G is to liveline, catch a decent fish for entry into the contest and then head further up and bottom bounce for croaker/possible flounder. We'll see though, the rock were pretty engaging!

Board footer