Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-31-10 5:51AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Mouth of the Goose

First time, exploratory visit for me. Water pretty low so decided to hike to the mouth. Along the way I spotted some small bass, a school of 4 or 5 on the prowl and one quality looking fish of about 12" holding above some rocks. The bank is way too steep so kept on truckin'.

Didn't know what to expect and the area is more lake-like than a rocky river area that I wanted. Slow flow, lots of weeds and could only wade out so far. Brought along the fly rod with which, I'm pretty much a novice. Tried a few floating patterns that attracted some sunfish. Not what I'm after. Switched to a popper and did get several real good strikes that, unfortunately, did not come tight. Ah well, that's fishing. Beautiful evening on the water nevertheless.

Next time I will fish this area differently. Spinning tackle with crankbaits, jigs, spinnerbaits, etc. Oh, and definitely a great kayak spot!

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#2 Aug-01-10 8:49AM

AnF

Re: Mouth of the Goose

Where do you recommend launching from with a kayak? I was in the area yesterday and saw GC for the first time other than on google maps.

#3 Aug-01-10 9:01AM

Sixspeedsam
Website

Re: Mouth of the Goose

AnF wrote:

Where do you recommend launching from with a kayak? I was in the area yesterday and saw GC for the first time other than on google maps.

Launch at Kephart Bridge Landing. Small parking lot with a trail that leads you down into GC.

Kephart Bridge Landing

Board footer