Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-11-10 9:08AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Beaverdam worth the time on 7/11

First thing I noticed was the water was down nearly a foot from two weekends ago.

After trying some things including getting a perch for bait I went to the area where I caught the big BG last time.  There weren't many fish busting the surface, just enough to know they're there.  I was working a deep-diving crankbait around a dropoff.  But eventually after seeing plenty of fish on the depth finder on the flat area I decided to start throwing a black/blue jig with a rage tail craw.   I was slowly dragging it across the bottom with an occasional jerk.  Wasn't long before I had the only fish of the day.  I had it out of the water longer than I would have liked, but I was having trouble finding my tape measure. I did find my scale in the process though, been wondering what happend to it.  As I set it in the water it bit down on my thumb.  It swam away but then came back and splashed me!   I must've pissed it off. LOL

17"  but only 2lbs.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/284948/BD-SMBx.JPG

On my way back this family was on their way to the north end and trolling something.  As they passed by he hooked up with this 4.5lb LMB. 

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/284948/4.5.JPG

Last edited by T. (Jul-11-10 9:11AM)

#2 Jul-11-10 9:31AM

AnF

Re: Beaverdam worth the time on 7/11

Nice looking fish. How deep was the flat?

#3 Jul-11-10 9:39AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

AnF wrote:

Nice looking fish. How deep was the flat?

10ft

#4 Jul-13-10 7:42PM

Bud

Hey T...I didn't realize that was you taking the picture of me and my family after I caught that 4.5lb.  Thanks for posting.

I've caught fish trolling that spot almost everytime.  It was great for my youngest son to witness as he's turning out to be quite the fisherman.

#5 Jul-13-10 8:35PM

AnF

Bud wrote:

Hey T...I didn't realize that was you taking the picture of me and my family after I caught that 4.5lb.  Thanks for posting.

I've caught fish trolling that spot almost everytime.  It was great for my youngest son to witness as he's turning out to be quite the fisherman.

Awesome!

#6 Jul-14-10 8:49AM

Ernie
Administrator

Really cool!

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Jul-15-10 5:42PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Bud wrote:

Small world,  let's see your picture of the bass.

Board footer