Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-20-10 12:16PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pavilion Attempt 6-20

Algae, algae, and more algae.  Most all the shoreline has algae going out from it to make fishing nearly impossible.  There are also very few spots that the tall weeds and cattails allow you to get a cast in.  In the few spots that I could cast, I picked up 2 little ones on a tiny torpedo.  Did see 3 fellas out there in a jon boat out in the middle.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jun-20-10 5:31PM

buckshot
Northern Snakehead

Re: Pavilion Attempt 6-20

I caught 2 bass on a brush hog one of them was just under 2 pounds and the other was 2 1/2. my dad caught a dink and one that was just over 2 pounds also on a brush hog. there were bluegill beds everywhere and i spotted one that was enormous  (bg) that is. i pitched the brush hog to him and he smacked it! which isnt surprising because they are so aggressive but i hooked him with a 3/0 offset hook. he fought hard but shook of and ran for the water when he hit land. the pavilion has produced 5 bass over 2 pounds this week for me.

#3 Jun-21-10 5:57AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Maybe all of our frustration with the algae will reduce the fishing pressure...or not. I hit the Pavilion on Saturday for a bit tossing a drop shot all day. I landed 6 and a couple came unbuttoned.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#4 Jun-21-10 6:42AM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

with all this algae you're talking about why not throw a hollow body frog?!?

#5 Jun-21-10 6:51AM

buckshot
Northern Snakehead

i have been throwing one in all of it. i use spro. the poppers produce way more blowups than the regular ones. most of them completely miss the bait even when going slow. so my guess is  none of the big ones are in it. me and my dad caught our keepers yesterday puting the brush hog in the alagae though.

Board footer