Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-26-07 5:04PM

Ernie
Administrator

2/16/08- TIEFEST, Kent Narrows MD

This is a MUST event if you like fly fishing!!

Event Name: TieFest 2008

Date: Saturday, February 16, 2008

Time: 10 AM until 6 PM.

The place:

Kent Island Yacht Club
117 Yacht Club Drive
Chester, MD 21619

Directions:

From the MD beltway, take Rt. 50 east toward ANNAPOLIS (35.9 miles)
Then take the MAIN ST. / MD-18 exit- EXIT 41- toward KENT NARROWS WEST (0.1 miles)
Then turn LEFT on to MD-18 / MAIN ST. (0.1 miles)
Then turn RIGHT on to WHARF DR. (0.2 miles)
Lastly, turn RIGHT on to YACHT CLUB DR. (0.1 miles) where you will run right in to the Yacht Club.

Cost: FREE! lol

The event is called TieFest and features many of the areas to tyers (salt and fresh). This year's event figures to be bigger and better than ever. There will be many seminars, companies (6-7 rod manufactures), fly shops and tiers that will be participating. It's the best little fly fishing show on Earth.

"While the emphasis is on tying, it's really about the fun of fly fishing. If you like to fly fish, you'll enjoy being surrounded by people who understand your passion. You'll learn.....have fun.....and leave on a high that will make the balance of the cold, dark winter bearable."- Tony Friedrich (event coordinator)

I will definitely be there!cool

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jan-23-08 12:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 2/16/08- TIEFEST, Kent Narrows MD

More info:

www.tiefest.com

Kent Island Yacht Club
117 Yacht Club Drive
Chester, MD 21619

Tie Fest is a grassroots effort to further the sport of fly fishing. We gather as equals to teach and to learn. Over the past seven years, Tie Fest has grown from eight men to hundreds of like minded individuals. This year shall prove to be bigger and better than ever.

This year we are proud to the support the Maryland Artificial Reef Initiative with a silent auction and various raffles.

Various attractions and sponsors are listed below:

Coastal Conservation Association Kent Island Chapter
Winchester Creek Outfitters
TidalFish.com
St Croix Rods with special guest Joe Cap
Gloomis Rods
The Evening Rise Fly Shop
Temple Fork Rods
Sage Rods
Shore Tackle and Custom Rods
Boatyard Bar and Grill
Saltwater Fly Anglers of Delaware
Mid-Atlantic Fly Anglers
Addictive Fly Fishing.com
Grauer’s Fine Fly Tackle
Project Healing Waters

Special Casting Seminars Provide Free of Charge by Mid-Atlantic Fly Anglers. Times for Casting Instruction:

1st Session 12:30
2nd Session 2:30 *Please bring your own fly rod if you wish to participate in the seminar!!!!

Guides: Capt Gary Neitzey Captain Harry Huelsbeck, Brian Horsley, Sarah Gardner, Dave Rohde and many more

Tiers: Brad Buzzi, Steve Silverio, Bob Popovics, Steve Farrar, Doug Errett, Jon Pund, Tony Friedrich and many more

Food and Drink: Provided by the Kent Island Yacht Club for a small fee.

Entry Fee: Tie Fest has and shall always be free and open to the public

Hope to see many of you there!

Ernie

#3 Feb-16-08 6:09PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 2/16/08- TIEFEST, Kent Narrows MD

As many of you know, I like going to fishing shows/seminars during the winter. Today was no exception except that TieFest was exceptional...even if you were not a fly fisherman!

We got there early to help set up (I was accompanied by Doug Errett and David Polanasky). We "maned" the table for the 1st couple of hours, selling T-shirts and club memberships.

Some of the experienced members of the Mid Atlantic Fly Anglers (I am a a member but not experienced) were giving free lessons to folks.....

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6789/imgp0212jh8.jpg

....but the neat thing was watching the kids handle the 'long rod". Here is Sawyer giving instructions.....

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6993/imgp0214xy7.jpg

....and this guy was intent on learning how to cast!

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/577/imgp0215cc7.jpg

As well, I took in two seminars; Capt. Harry Huselbeck on fishing VA Beach bridges at NIGHT and Brian Horsely on fishing the Outer Banks for 12-15 different species. Both of these guys are pros and great speakers. Here is Brian entertaining the folks from the back of the room!

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1548/imgp0220tt4.jpg

As a bonus, I got to spend some time with Brian and Sarah Gardner (his wife who is also a guide) on fishing the Pacific Ocean where I will be next weekend. I am intent on fly fishing while down there and they both gave me some great tips.

Then....the crowd got a huge bonus.....an impromt fly casting lesson from Lefty Kreh.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/9328/imgp0223sk7.jpg

This guy will be 83 in a couple of weeks and he could put the fly anywhere he wanted. I have seen casting demonstrations in the past...none like what I saw today.

I didn't catch any fish and I was not on a boat but I had a great day learning new things about fly fishing.

Ernie

Board footer