Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-28-09 2:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

TIEFEST 2010 is on February 27th!

If you like fly fishing and/or want to learn more, there is no better event and it is FREE!

Several of the nation’s most celebrated fly fishing tyers and casters will appear at the eighth annual TieFest, the area’s premier fly-fishing show, Saturday, Feb. 27, at the Kent Narrows Yacht Club from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

“Lefty Kreh, Bob Popovics, Bob Clouser, and Steve Silverio along with a number of other fly fishing experts have already agreed to appear at TieFest,” said Tony Friedrich, executive director, Coastal Conservation Association Maryland (CCA MD), which sponsors the event.
“Not only can fly fishing enthusiasts get a break from the winter doldrums at this event, they will be able to learn tying and casting techniques from anglers who are truly legends in our sport.”

The event is free of charge and will feature nationally recognized fly-tyers, a host of fishing guides, equipment manufacturers, and opportunities to improve fishing skills.

Casting lessons are even provided by seasoned instructors. It’s best if you bring your own fly rod for the lesson. Sign up sheets are available. Kids under 16 will be given preference with times for casting lessons.

“Tiefest is a grassroots effort to enhance the sport of fly fishing,” Friedrich said. “During the past few years, the event has grown to include thousands of individuals that enjoy teaching and learning different aspects of the sport. Tiefest is the only event in this area where beginning fly anglers can talk with experts like Kreh and Popovics to improve their skills.”

Kent Island Yacht Club
117 Yacht Club Drive
Chester, MD 21619

Directions:

From the MD beltway, take Rt. 50 east toward ANNAPOLIS (35.9 miles)
Then take the MAIN ST. / MD-18 exit- EXIT 41- toward KENT NARROWS WEST (0.1 miles)
Then turn LEFT on to MD-18 / MAIN ST. (0.1 miles)
Then turn RIGHT on to WHARF DR. (0.2 miles)
Lastly, turn RIGHT on to YACHT CLUB DR. (0.1 miles) where you will run right in to the Yacht Club.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-14-09 4:33PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: TIEFEST 2010 is on February 27th!

Lots of the Fly Fishing world's big hitters will be at TieFest this year!

#3 Feb-24-10 6:34PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, are you going to go to this event? My friend Matt from Solomons is trying to get me to ride with him but I'm still not quite sure I can go and still fulfill some dog sitting obligations.

#4 Feb-24-10 8:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

I will be there!

#5 Feb-25-10 6:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Anyone going or need a ride?

I plan on being there from 10 or so (leave Ashburn a little before 9) until 2-3 PM.

#6 Feb-25-10 7:08PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm going with my friend Matt. We would love to carpool but I need to be back earlier in the afternoon. I'll see you there Ernie

#7 Feb-27-10 5:53PM

Ernie
Administrator

This was a top notch event!

I got yelled at by my fly casting instructor (he always does), bought two St. Croix rods (a sweet ultra light and  a salty baitcaster) that were 1/2 price. I came close on a Sage 10 wt fly rod but backed away at the last moment.

The place was packed!

#8 Feb-27-10 6:03PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm glad I went. Ernie, I tried to find you on my way out to say goodbye but couldn't find you. Didn't mean to be rude or anything.

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Feb-27-10 6:04PM)

#9 Feb-27-10 6:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan- No worries! It was hard to see folks.....but there sure was a lot of FF talent!  I am glad you spent some time with Denis Fay...great guy!

#10 Feb-27-10 6:57PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, Matt and I decided that we are determined to catch snakehead on flies this summer. Are you in? smile

#11 Feb-28-10 4:28AM

Ernie
Administrator

Yep...we can use mu boat and transport kayaks!!

Board footer