Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-17-10 9:32AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Supposed to be a"True Story" from a friend.

I know this section is meant for topics other than fishing, but I didn't know where else to put this story. Hope it helps with the cabin fever.

A Jack Daniels Fishing Story

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.
Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good
bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed
him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten. I
grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its
mouth.

His eyes rolled back, he went limp.  I released him into the lake
without incident and carried on my fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake
with two frogs in his mouth.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Feb-17-10 9:50AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Supposed to be a"True Story" from a friend.

That has happened to me a couple of times.

smile

#3 Feb-17-10 9:54AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

your friend created an alcoholic snake...

#4 Feb-17-10 11:52AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Curly wrote:

I saw this story about 10 yrs ago.  Google "Jack Daniels Fishing Story".  It's been going around a while...........over 69,900 posts big_smile

Still... 69,900 times better than looking out the window at my boat

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#5 Feb-17-10 12:13PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

that is funny

#6 Feb-17-10 5:35PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

So I was out fishing not too long ago, at a place not too far from here. I had the lake all to myself on a beautiful day, so I started cruising down the bank, flinging my favorite spinnerbait along the shoreline.

Before long, I came upon a big oak tree that had recently toppled over into the water. I pitched my spinner to it a few times without a bite, and just as I was getting ready to move on down the bank, I noticed a squirrel hop up on the trunk of the tree. He was obviously a very brave squirrel, because he walked right down toward the end of the longest branch over some very deep water.

As he got closer, I finally saw what he was after-a big old acorn that was sitting on the end of the branch, right where it went into the water. I sat there and watched him inch closer and closer to the nut, as the branch got thinner and thinner.

Finally, that brave little squirrel got to the end of that branch, grabbed the nut and tucked it safely inside his cheek. Just as he was turning around to head back up the tree, the biggest bass I have ever seen came clear out of the water and swallowed that squirrel and the nut in one giant bite.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I had never seen a fish that big-as long as my arm, with a mouth big enough to swallow a softball. Now I had heard stories of bigguns eating up frogs and baby ducks, but a full grown squirrel?

Stunned, I looked all around to see if anyone else had seen what I just saw, but there wasn't another person in sight. I just sat there and scratched my head for awhile, wondering if I was in fact seeing things or if what I just saw had actually happened. Finally and reluctantly, I resigned myself to the fact that I must have been daydreaming. I turned the trolling motor back on and turned the boat around, heading back on down the bank.

As I rounded a point into the next cove, I turned back to look one more time at that laydown. I'll be damned if that same monster bass didn't come right back up to that tree and put another nut on the end of that branch.

My grandpa told me this story when I was a little kid, and I've been hooked on bass fishing ever since. I still think it's true.

wink

Last edited by purpleworm (Feb-17-10 5:39PM)

#7 Feb-18-10 4:42AM

Ernie
Administrator

If your granpa told it then it's true.....classic!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer