Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-16-10 6:03PM

Ernie
Administrator

Four Mile Run

Good info.....

FYI if you fish or plan to fish Four Mile Run, please sign up for Arlington Alerts at https://www.arlingtonalert.com. Below is an example
of the stream alerts that you will receive:

To: Arlington Alert Subscribers <r...@arlingtonalert.com>
Sent: Fri, Jan 15, 2010 2:59 pm
Subject: Stream Alert from Arlington County

Arlington residents should avoid contact with water in stretches of Doctor’s Branch and Four Mile Run Streams County due to the discovery of sewage release near Alcova Heights Park. The source of the sewage is under investigation.dlp/oem

Sent by Arlington County OEM to All users (e-mail) through Arlington Alert .

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jan-16-10 6:10PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Four Mile Run

That came out yesterday??? Oh great!

Too bad that place is one of the few places that hasn't been frozen, it's not the type of place that I like to fish...

#3 Jan-16-10 6:12PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan- I thought of you and Thai when I saw it...wash you hands and gear!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jan-16-10 6:52PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

thats up where the run is pretty small...I wonder if the levels are dangerous down towards rt 1.....

#5 Jan-16-10 6:54PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

Dominion Dan wrote:

That came out yesterday??? Oh great!

Too bad that place is one of the few places that hasn't been frozen, it's not the type of place that I like to fish...

But you cant deny it produces...
sad Shame its in such bad state

#6 Jan-16-10 7:04PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm gonna lysol my gear, lol!

it's definitely a good place to fish, I just wish it were located somewhere else without the buildings

and overpasses

and trash

and other people

and pollution

and...

#7 Jan-16-10 7:09PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

I actually think the urban scenery adds a nice change from our usual fishing locales, but trash and pollution is aways evident from mans encroachment...wish we would respect the sources given to us and have it better managed/enforced..

sick of seeing them taking everything/drinking/littering down there....

#8 Jan-16-10 7:53PM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

It was shoulder-to shoulder this morning at the first bridge.  Def. not my scene.  The trash is extreme. 

We didn't last too long as our 3 y.o. daughter was along for her second fish outing.  She matched the totals of her first outing this past summer: two sunfish.  All caught on her Tweety Bird pole.

Between managing her and our oldest son, I only managed about 5 casts w/ a Squad Minnow. 

What made the morning worthwhile was watching a carp fisherman fight a rather large carp for over 10 minutes before finally landing it using a net.  The kids wanted to see it, so we walked over.  The rod he was using must have been 12 feet or more with a very fast tip.  I'd never seen that: in my experience most carp fisherman use catfish tackle or such.

#9 Jan-16-10 8:24PM

Thai
Northern Snakehead

I used to use ultra lights in the 5' range with 6lb test for carp upwards of 25lbs smile

it was crowded under the first bridge which is why we made the decision to move a few bridges down,not possible with younging.., but it deff paid off, imeediately I hooked into two slab crappie in the 15" range and a couple large threadfins, by 3 I had around 6-7 bass under my belt

Last edited by Thai (Jan-16-10 8:25PM)

Board footer