Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-31-09 1:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

DC Fishing license!

It's that time of year again to buy your DC Fishing License for 2010. For many folks finding a place to buy the DC license in a timely fashion is not easy.

You can get yours by filling out the form in the website below and sending it to DC by mail. Takes at least 2 to 3 weeks if you do it now.

http://app.doh.dc.gov/form/fishing_license1.asp

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-31-09 10:32PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: DC Fishing license!

I've been wondering about DC's licensing policies lately. I imagine that DC doesn't have nearly the amount of recreational anglers as VA or MD but come on!

Does anyone know if any stores near me sell DC licenses? From what I've heard I think I might have to drive into the city to get one.

#3 Jan-01-10 6:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is what I know to be true.

The fastest way to get a DC license is to fill out the form and mail it in. Trust me, it works. It might be an old concept but it won't hurt to find an envelope and a stamp. DC licenses will not be available at any retail establishment (including the Harbor Police station) for quite a while.

If you have a 2009 license, that will be good until the new ones come in. It takes them a good 30-60 days to get the process going...the exception is mailing it in.

DC issues very few fishing licenses in comparison to VA and MD. But their water shed is also relatively small and incredibly good!

Their "DC Fish & Game" department consists of 1-2 people, that's it.

#4 Jan-01-10 10:26AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Here is what I know to be true.

The fastest way to get a DC license is to fill out the form and mail it in. Trust me, it works. It might be an old concept but it won't hurt to find an envelope and a stamp. DC licenses will not be available at any retail establishment (including the Harbor Police station) for quite a while.

If you have a 2009 license, that will be good until the new ones come in. It takes them a good 30-60 days to get the process going...the exception is mailing it in.

DC issues very few fishing licenses in comparison to VA and MD. But their water shed is also relatively small and incredibly good!

Their "DC Fish & Game" department consists of 1-2 people, that's it.

a stamp? what's a stamp? smile Haven't used one of them in a while!

I'll get mine in the mail then. I don't know if I'll even fish DC next year but I guess it's best to be prepared.

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Jan-01-10 10:26AM)

#5 Jan-10-10 3:20PM

Ernie
Administrator

Ice on the Potomac is 3-6"!!!!

Plus...they are not going to get to my boat until early February.....

Time to start making some Florida plans!

#6 Jan-10-10 6:30PM

DaveG

Thanks for the information Ernie, I was thinking about today. I took one of my sons down to the Navy Yard Museum today; afterwards we made our way over to Fletchers to look around. Kids were playing hockey in a section of the canal north of the Chain Bridge. The entire area directly in front of Fletchers is iced over, almost all the way to the VA side and down past the log jam at the south end of Fletchers parking lot. Hardly any open water up there. Also, standing on the pier at the Navy Yard, the Anacostia looked to be completely iced over. Time to go to the shows...
Dave G.

#7 Jan-13-10 6:23PM

Ernie
Administrator

Well....guess what!

DC has finally come in to the future!! Now you can buy 2010 licenses online with a credit card and print them out!

I sent mine in the mail so I have NO idea how this will work!

https://enode.dc.gov/epermit/Page/Entry/Login.aspx

This is great for me...no more going down to the Harbor Police to buy them for friends.....I think I bought about 15 of them last year!

Board footer