Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-06-09 3:28PM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

10-6-09 Spa and Weems Creeks

Well, today it was back to Spa Creek to see if we could do a copy of yesterday. We launched at about nine-thirty. The tide was falling. Our first few stops in Spa were only marginally productive.

We headed up river to Weems Creek to see if things would get better; they did not. We caught very few. The tide was now low. Benton needed to make it a short day. Now we needed to catch fish on a dead low tide and limited time. This is not a good combo!

We headed back to Spa figuring the tide was beginning to come back so maybe one of our honey-holes would produce. As I approached the favorite spot, I could see someone in a kayak fishing! This has never happened because no one, except our small group, fishes Spa.

Closer examination revealed it was the "perch professor" Bob Morgan! Now that I have established that there is no trespassing here, we swapped lies about who caught what. Because Benton needed to leave, we did.

The final cooler count was twenty six. If I could have stayed......

#2 Oct-06-09 3:55PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 10-6-09 Spa and Weems Creeks

Carl, what time would be a good time for me to come over this week? I'll give you a call tomorrow to see if we can set something up.

#3 Oct-07-09 1:15PM

Ernie
Administrator

Very cool seeing the "pmp" kayak out there. Bob loves that kayak!

Spa Creek is perfect because it does not require a lot of paddling to get to the fish.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Oct-07-09 2:40PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I thought the whole purpose was to paddle and get excercise. Now he tells me. Ended up with 28 perch in just under 4 hours, most right across from the ramp. I would never have moved in on the honey hole if I'd known Carl was still there. Never saw his truck in the parking area.

Oh, and all of the perch are still swimming, didn't feel like dragging them around.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

Board footer