Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-03-07 2:40PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

11/3/07 Cedar Report

Fished Cedar for about an hour around 4 pm.  Very slow - the wacky worms were not working well.  At least the algae was down a bit.  Managed only two bass, but both were 12" and very heavy.

#2 Nov-03-07 4:21PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Re: 11/3/07 Cedar Report

I also hit Cedar for about an hour before sunset and didn't do so well with my senko worm. I had one miss and that was it. Decided to check the minnow trap and used that bait for a little by the spillway. Caught two crappie near the rocks. I'm guessing the action is slow due to the drop in temperature.

#3 Nov-03-07 5:04PM

Ernie
Administrator

BH,

I haven't checked my minnow trap in a few days...feel free to check it out and use what ever is in there. Glad to see that you caught a few crappies!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Nov-04-07 4:50AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Gene Mueller's column in the Sunday Washington Times says that now is the time of year to switch to crankbaits - he says the bass are still aggressive when defending their turf, but less likely to take soft plastic lures.  A couple of the Potomic guides he interviews say top-water lures and spinners are also working.

#5 Nov-04-07 5:08AM

Ernie
Administrator

Tom,

That article was mostly for tidal water. I am not sure if the methods apply for ponds but....we should try them. Drop shotting and Carolina rigging have been effective in the ponds It keeps the baits off the bottom. Of course, Curly will use a blue Pig 'n Jig all year round. I saw him with a stick bait the other day but I am not sure how he did (no report).   

BTW, I have sent pictures and stories to Gene before and he has printed them in a Times edition. If you or anyone ever get a monster (with picture), let me know and we will send the story in. We don't have to tell him of an exact location. Curly got his mug in the papers a few years back holding up a big striper. Gene even gave me the credit for the picture.

Ernie

#6 Nov-04-07 5:35AM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is the Carolina rig:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2443/carolinarigof1.jpg

And go here to learn more about Drop Shot rigging:

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/drop-shot.html

Ernie