Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-28-07 1:23PM

Ernie
Administrator

10-28-07 Cedar Lake report

Khanh Nguyen, his daughter Sierra , Curly and I met out there at 3 PM to try for some crappie fishing. I had set out the minnow trap early this morning but all that was in there were a few teeny blue gills.

But I had my trusty Gulp! stuff and we rigged up. We all caught a few blue gills but the real story is that Sierra out fished us all. This was her largest bue gill.....

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6336/imgp0013rm8.jpg

....nice fish! No crappie for the day! The bite seemed to shut down when the wind kicked up a little and by 4:15, I was feeling the cold and called it a day.

We will need to do that again!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Oct-28-07 6:19PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10-28-07 Cedar Lake report

I found out later that Sierra was still at it and surprised Curly and Khahn with this nice bass....

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/829/cimg08271xr4.jpg

....this girl can fish!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-29-07 5:44PM

daixatra

I was out with the boys at Alder and Beech early in the morning on Sunday and it was cold with the wind.  Not much was happening on Beech so we went over the hill (mainly to get out of the wind) to the shallow end of Alder.  It was much better (temperature wise) but no action.  Hit Beech again on the way back to the car and by the spillway got a crappie then three bass in no time at all.  Switched poles with my oldest son then nothing.  But the kids had fun - found a nice frisbee and dad was happy!

Daixatra

#4 Oct-30-07 5:11AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Daixatra

How big was your crappie? I've been trying to catch me some of them lately but have not had much luck...

I fished Cedar yesterday evening and was skunked. Got cold real fast around six...

#5 Oct-30-07 11:30AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Everytime I see folks haulin' in crappie on Youtube, it makes me jealous. The clip I saw where they were reelin' them in non-stop, the guy said early fall (October/November) was the next best time to spring for crappie. He said you just gotta find the "sweet spot" and you will catch them all day long there.

We'll figure those sly crappie in Cedar out soon enough smile

#6 Oct-30-07 5:41PM

daixatra

Curly,

Yes, it was green.  You should be more careful with your toys :-)

Bass Hunter,

It was 8-9 inches long.  Not to bad.  I haven't seen the Youtube videos but it sounds like how we used to bring in crappie/perch all the time when I was just a lad.  Nearly every cast would get one.  We would spend all day catching and all night cleaning!

#7 Oct-30-07 6:14PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Curly,

I hit Cedar for about an hour this evening and was skunked once again. Seems like they slow down a bit when a cold front hits. My day went sour when I accidentally stepped on what looked to be a Great Dane's droppings.

Diaxatra,

I think we might get that same crappie action when spring arrives, when they are spawning by the shore. Thats when those good ole' crappie poles come in handy..

Board footer