Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-21-09 9:14AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sunday Bay Report

Left Solomons mid morning as planned and started searching for birds. Found some on the eastern side and locked into a couple of nice convict bass on BKD's. But they got shy and we began our 40 mile search pattern. Found some more a little south but they got skiddish quick. Ran back north on eastern side looking but no birds and few marks. Ran over to power plant and no love there either. Ended up at Cedar Pt jigging up decent convicts on heavy steel jigs. We got a blue that was very nice stopping on busting rain minnows getting pounded in deep water earlier.

Not a banner day but did get some decent fish and the numbers went up once we went deep. Busted a little glass on a piling that was not bad.. sounded bad...but was not bad..

Almost a chill in the air all day and very few boats.. Game was on TV most likely..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Sep-21-09 11:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Sunday Bay Report

captmikestarrett wrote:

Game was on TV most likely..

Capt Mike

That's why I like fishing in the fall....everyone is watching football! I like seeing the replays....sort of Cliff Notes for games!

Lately, the bay has been about burning gas. The Eastern Bay guys are saying that it's the weather, moon, time, tides, day etc etc. I guess things are starting to change for the better though.....everyone says they can't wait for "Rocktober"!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-21-09 1:31PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

that story minus the fish plus some good food and fly fishing lessons is basically what FlyFest was like this year. Lots of driving around, oh and also there was a lot more boat traffic because it was labor day weekend.

#4 Sep-22-09 6:34PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Folow up with some pics...

http://www.indianheadcharters.com/09/1019.JPG
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/09/1020.JPG

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#5 Sep-22-09 6:53PM

Dominion Dan