Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-13-09 2:28AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

9-13-09 Weems Creek

Friday, Mo and I went to Chaptico on the Wicomico. As a result of the off shore hurricane, the weather forecast was not good. We got to the ramp at 6:00 am. The scene reminded me of a horror movie! It was still mostly dark with just enough light to barely see out on the water. The waves were breaking against the pier.

There was one car in the parking lot. It was raining and the wind was blowing. I wondered why the car was there until Mo pointed to a single figure, in the dark, standing at the farthest end of the pier. He was trying to fish but his rain parka was standing straight out in the wind. I have now seen someone who wants to fish more than me!

Not to be dismayed Mo put on the rain suit and walked over to the pier. After a few casts, with no takers, he returned to the comfort of the heated truck! We went home.

Saturday morning my neighbor, Benton, and I, went to Weems Creek. Again, the weather forecast was not encouraging. There is something about fishing that draws me to the water even when things look shaky. The sky was very dark in spots and the weather forecast called for possible wind and rain. We were surprised to find the Severn River fairly smooth.

We motored up to Weems Creek and began fishing. With a falling barometer, the fish usually bite. They did. At one point, I actually put my rod down to massage my forearm. It was cramping! During the day, the only non-white perch, was a large yellow perch!

Every time the sky looked ominous we wanted to leave but then we would catch "doubles." The final count will be known when I fillet this morning.

Board footer