Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-25-06 6:32PM

Ernie
Administrator

5-20-06, Lake Barcroft, Falls Church VA

Back in the 60's and 70's, I used to fish Lake Barcroft every summer as my uncle lived right on the lake. We spent many a summer hour on that lake....great memories!

I got this report (below) from Carlos Maceo (check out the pictures in the PHOTO section); he took his daughter out on a canoe on Saturday May 20.

Ernie

Carlos reports: So I took Alex fishing Saturday at Lake Barcroft.  She set her alarm for the morning, dressed herself and off we went!!   As soon as we got on the canoe she wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I thought maybe it was a mistake bringing her.  Well we got out to our first spot and she asked me all the right questions and she was casting all by herself in a few minutes.  She had fished before but it was with her Tweety Bird push button rod and reel.  This was the real deal, now she wants to go every weekend!!!!   That first fish of hers was the smallest of the day.  They got bigger as the day went on.  I had her set up with a very small crappie rig.  Next time we'll up the ante and try for a bass or two.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer