Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-03-09 6:01AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Cedar Report - 080209

I hit Cedar today to do some fishing, but also to pick up my shirt (thanks Ernie!).

I started throwing a weighted tube to take advantage of a new presentation and to get into some of the suspended fish. Afterall, I was fishing in the middle of the day. I quickly landed one, then proceeded to chat it up with RapalaAndy for about 20 minutes. I moved on after he departed and switched to a wacky style Strike King Finesse Worm and just started killing them. I was actually site fishing for bass holding tight to the shore and ended up with another dozen...quickly!

As I moved around further I made the stop at the rockpile. I tossed out the tube and landed a nice fish, though a bit skinny, that if normal may have been close to 2lbs. I then lost that tube. I tied on another and landed a much healthier, but smaller bass. All in all it was a good afternoon of fishing.

As a note, I got hung up a couple of times with the exposed hook on the tube. Instead of giving up immediately, I pulled the line as tightly as I could, then clicked the bail to open it up for just a brief second. This action loosened the tube and allowed me to pop it out of the rocks. I did this a few times which saved me a couple of lures. Just a quick lesson learned that may benefit some of you in the future.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer