Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-09-09 5:56AM

Ernie
Administrator

Beech Lake Shore Stabilization

The shore stabilization work on Beech lake will be starting in the next 7-10 days.  The work will consist of:

FURNISH & INSTALL APPROXIMATELY 170 LINEAR FEET OF HARD ARMOURING CONSISTING OF A COMBINATION OF SEDIMENTARY BOULDERS RANGING IN SIZE FROM 18 INCHES TO 36 INCHES IN DIAMETER. BOULDERS SHALL BE PLACED PER PLANS--SMALLER ROCKS MAY BE USED
FOR FILL IN AREAS--APPROX 50 TONS TOTAL

FURNISH & INSTALL APPROX 700 LINEAR FEET OF 12" COCONUT COIR LOGS AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS PER PLANS--LOGS SHALL BE SECURED PER DRAWINGS

FURNISH & INSTALL NINE "FISHING STATIONS" AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS PER PLANS-PLATFORM SHALL BE SITUATED AS CLOSE TO SHORE AS POSSIBLE, AND SHALL BE LARGE ENOUGH TO ACCOMMODATE ONE OR TWO PERSONS.

FURNISH AND INSTALL A "BRIDGE LOOK" AT INFALL AREA DEFINED ON PLANS USING SMALLER 12 TO 18" BOULDERS.

FURNISH & INSTALL VARIOUS TREES (9) SHRUBS (48) AND MIXED PERENNIALS (430) AS DEFINED ON LANDSCAPING PLANS. these PLANTS WILL BE BACKFILLED, FERTILIZED, AND WATERED AS SPECIFIED, AND WARRANTIED FOR ONE FULL YEAR AFTER INSTALLATION.

CLEAN OUT INFALL AREAS OF DEBRIS, VEGETATION, AND ROCK TO ALLOW BETTER FLOW OF WATER INTO LAKE

FURNISH & INSTALL ADDITIONAL BOULDERS AT TWO INFALL AREAS AS DISCUSSED WITH LANDSCAPE DESIGNER--THIS WOULD INCLUDE RESHAPING EXISTING BOULDERS TO PROVIDE BETTER WATER FLOW AND PROTECTION (OPTION)

USE  TURBIDITY CURTAINS TO REDUCE SEDIMENTATION

Please especially note the fishing stations which will be our first use of this approach.  Our intention is to encourage fisher folk to areas where the ground is prepared to take their presence and reduce the traffic on other areas of shoreline.  If this is successful here we will look at extending it to other lakes in the future.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-09-09 5:59AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Beech Lake Shore Stabilization

My initial thoughts are that this is good! I don't know who chose the locations of the fishing platforms so that is yet to be seen.

Don't shoot me for this but we (fishing guys), do tend to tear up the shoreline (tamp it down). I try (50% of the time) to fish off the walk.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-09-09 6:40AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beech Lake Shore Stabilization

Pacemaker wrote:

My initial thoughts are that this is good! I don't know who chose the locations of the fishing platforms so that is yet to be seen.

Don't shoot me for this but we (fishing guys), do tend to tear up the shoreline (tamp it down). I try (50% of the time) to fish off the walk.

guilty of this also. nice of them to install fishing stations!

Board footer