Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-05-06 1:03PM

Ernie
Administrator

5-5-06, Lower Potomac with Capt. Jefff Hammett

All morning long, all I heard was, "Get that rod Ernie, it's yours!”

I met up with Jeff Hammett (aka Bodeen), at 0600 down at his boat on Cobb Island. By 0615 we were underway down to the very lowest part of the Potomac, a 20 mile run.  At 0730, we had the 1st line in the water and by the time we had half the spread out, it was "Get that rod Ernie, it's yours!” We landed a nice 37" fish. A few minutes later, Jeff reeled in a 34" fish but we know there were more big ones out there so back in the water it went!

Then I heard it again, "Get that rod Ernie, it's yours!” This one was big; I knew it because I was making very little progress with it. After a few minutes, we landed her and she was 40" and significantly over 30 lbs. Wow!

So now it was catch and release time (it was not even 8:30!

We landed six more fish and each time I heard, "Get that rod Ernie, it's yours!” Jeff was laughing by now as I was exhausting my arms each time. I reeled in 8 of the 9 fish we caught (we had a no show who missed all the action).

So at 9:30 we started to head back, picking up a fish here and there and by 11:30, we were back at the dock.

What a day! I have never reeled in that many big fish in suc little time....ever!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer