Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-21-23 7:06AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Help me live the dream

So the family got COVID for the first time. The first few days were rough for me and the Mrs while the kiddos were doing fine and still bouncing off the walls with energy. Now that I'm feeling better, but still needing to isolate, I figured this might be the perfect opportunity for me to do something I haven't done in years: catch a shad during the shad run!! I had to look back at my post history to even remember when I last went (2021) and last caught a shad (2016 😲).

I was originally thinking I would try to O (by shore) on Thursday, but now I see there is rain forecasted for Wednesday night. So my question is do you all think Wednesday, tomorrow, morning would be better or Thursday morning?

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#2 Mar-21-23 11:38AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Help me live the dream

A little rain won't do squat to the "O". It has to be pouring over the dam for it to get messed up.

Water temps is the biggest factor. It dropped over the weekend to near 40dF so let's hope it's on the way back up to where it was last week, 47dF.

Remember, 50dF is the magic number for the full on run.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-21-23 6:39PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Help me live the dream

Ernie wrote:

A little rain won't do squat to the "O". It has to be pouring over the dam for it to get messed up.

Water temps is the biggest factor. It dropped over the weekend to near 40dF so let's hope it's on the way back up to where it was last week, 47dF.

Remember, 50dF is the magic number for the full on run.

Thanks, E!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer