Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-04-23 5:08PM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Little bit of afternoon largemouth

After the last unsuccessful trip for largemouth, I decided to give it another shot on Thursday. With some warm temps again this week. Figured they might be a little more active and also didn't feel like switching stuff over for smallmouth

I started off trying to focus on steep banks where I caught fish before but of course the wind started picking up a little bit when I got there and made it a little tough to fish some areas that I wanted to because of it. I hit three different banks throwing everything from flat-sided crankbait, finesse worm, jig around some wood, red chatterbait with red keitech trailer.  It took a couple hours but I defined the first two with the flat sided crankbaits in about 7. 8 ft of water above some grass on a steep bank.

https://images2.imgbox.com/94/72/p09C7nnS_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/66/f1/HKVBXEGQ_o.jpg

Then the surprise of the afternoon was getting into a bigger Bay towards the back end and catching three this size on the chatterbait in less than 4 ft. Of water. It was a muddy bottom with some grass scattered on the bottom so I'm thinking they might have been warming themselves because the sun was out a little bit by that time.  They were just slamming that lure on a steady retrieve.

https://images2.imgbox.com/d7/52/UiOAqkne_o.jpg
Ended up with five large mouths that were little chunky and healthy. Definitely take that since the plan river outing with George got canceled because of this win today.

#2 Mar-05-23 4:33AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Little bit of afternoon largemouth

Great job catching some.

The wind is so much fun! mad

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-05-23 8:23AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Ernie wrote:

Great job catching some.

The wind is so much fun! mad

Give me that wind in summer when the water is a lot warmer and wind blown banks with chatterbaits, spinner baits and shallow cranks are the way to go

This time of year it always feels nice to figure something out when the water is cold

#4 Mar-05-23 8:28AM

Ernie
Administrator

Oubassman wrote:

Give me that wind in summer when the water is a lot warmer and wind blown banks with chatterbaits, spinner baits and shallow cranks are the way to go

Totally agree plus it cools you off!

Oubassman wrote:

This time of year it always feels nice to figure something out when the water is cold

I consider it a bonus just getting out in Jan-Feb-Mar

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Mar-05-23 9:39AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Great job getting into them!  I love that pre-spawn bite and chatterbaits and cranks are some of my favorites.  I hope to have a report tomorrow.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#6 Mar-06-23 11:58AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

More green LOL

Glad you got out

Board footer