Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-17-23 9:27AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

LKA Stripers 2-16

Well, we had 1.3" of rain on Sunday and definitely muddied the uplake.  Headed about 4 miles down from the house to find cleaner water.  Marked a few fish hanging out in a bend and put out 6 lines.  First fish hits within 2 minutes.  Get it beside the boat and it comes off sad . It was keeper size, but that is how it goes sometimes.  So I basically troll circles in this bend for about 90 minutes.  Finally put a keeper in the box; a fat 21" striper.  Make a few more passes and hook a 19" that goes back into the lake.  Few more passes and I hook another good fish......land a 21" hybrid that fought hard.  The fish had moved after the 90 minutes and could not find them again.  Called it a morning and headed back to the dock to clean fish. 
https://i.imgur.com/9UBfMV8.jpg
We've had another inch of rain today (Friday) and the lake is pretty much trashed up my way now, with winds to 30 today..........no fishing today.  Grandsons show up Saturday afternoon and stay until sometime Monday afternoon (no school Monday).  Hope there will be some decent weather (light winds) to get them out in the boat while they are here!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Feb-17-23 12:06PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: LKA Stripers 2-16

Nice fatties!  Good luck getting the grandsons out.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Feb-17-23 1:16PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Re: LKA Stripers 2-16

Nice work Curly. Beautiful fish!

Do the hybrids fight harder than the regular stripers?

Board footer