Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-18-22 2:55PM

Ernie
Administrator

3-18-22, UP

Last night, Debbie opens the door and says to me that there was a beautiful, full moon out. Nooooooo!!  I couldn't believe it.

But, Greg and I had set aside this day so we went anyway.

We took it easy getting to the ramp in the morning as we waited for the fog to lift. Finally, we put in a little after 8a.

https://i.imgur.com/DBuGysN.jpg

The water looked great but it was a bit chilly out as it was only 41dF! Brrrr!

Sp we took it easy as we motored up river.  In the morning, we only saw a couple of boats and yakers. One of the yakers came by and we chatted. I told him the depth of the water and the bum proceeds to catch a smallie  right in front of us. We told him that if he did that again, we were gonna swamp his yak! lol He and his son were out with a friend.

It was getting near noon and Greg said he was hungry. To this point, he had 1 or 2 bites. I had none. Just then, I thought I got a bite and told Greg to follow up with a cast. Sure enough, he lands his 1st fish and smallie of the year!

https://i.imgur.com/wLgRTnA.jpg

Nice tub of a fish!

No clue as the length since I left my ruler at home.

W e ate some good Italian subs from The Fillup Company.

I then started fishing and was able to get my skunk off with this fall fish.

https://i.imgur.com/N5hjRPD.jpg

We ned rigged the deep holes and threw a belly weighted swim bait at shoreline spots.

The targets were plentiful, more than we ever see out of Algonkian.

It was frustrating because we really could not find them. Greg's fish came out of shallow water...put up a very nice fight.

We had a boat come down and hop scotch us. If you are reading this, that was not nice. We were already on that drift trajectory. No need to jump in front of us. Greg was mad.   mad

Anyway, around 2p, we called it.

Getting the boat back on the trailer was an activity. I forgot to tell Greg to angle the trailer downriver and I attempted to get on from up river. Current to fast. Good thing no one was videotaping. Once Greg adjusted the angle, easy peasy.

What a great day to be out.

On the way home (Rt. 15) we ran into traffic. No clue what happened but traffic was at a standstill. WAZE kept upping the time to get home wand we weren't moving so I told Greg to buckle up because I was about to do a U-turn on Rt. 15. It was easy. We went home via the Brunswick Bridge and got home way sooner than if we had waited in the traffic.

All in a good day out on the water.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-18-22 3:27PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 3-18-22, UP

Nice report.  I heard about 15 being closed.  Was hoping you were not caught in it

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Mar-20-22 8:50AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Ernie told me it was a full moon the previous night, so I told him, "OK, so we will just plan on going for a boat ride"  Wasn't expecting to catch any fish.  I was really about 2 seconds from setting the rod down to grab lunch when Ernie told me to cast into that eddie because he thought he had gotten a nibble.  But, I decided to make that one last cast on Ernie's recommendation.  Lesson learned....never ignore Ernie's directions on a boat!  Good fish!  Caught him on my go to swimbait.  Beautiful weather and got a bonus fish or 2.  All is good.

We sat in the backup on 15 for about 10 minutes and I swear the only reason we moved was because people in front of us were turning around.  I did not believe Ernie was going to get that boat turned around and pictured a royal mess happening.  But he pulled it off.  I should have taken a video!  SO much nicer driving instead of just sitting there.  I am sure we got home sooner than we would have if we had waited.

#4 Mar-21-22 4:44AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice catch greg! And great advice from ernie of course.  I don't understand why some fishermen think it's ok to jump in front of an obvious path, but many are selfish jerks.  It's been my experience that even while I fish on shore some boats would complain that I'm in their "spot."  lol.  That's when the large branches and rocks get thrown at their boat!

#5 Mar-21-22 5:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

That's when the large branches and rocks get thrown at their boat!

lol lol as my coffee ends up on the screen!

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Mar-21-22 3:02PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Two thumbs up on that!!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#7 Apr-03-22 4:21PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

You were out and didn't get skunked