Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-10-21 7:39AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Three reports

Last three trips have yielded one white perch and one small bass and one crappie. Mattowomen has not been fishing very well. Capt Dave had a trip last Saturday and the client never showed. Talked to him Friday and he no showed. So lots of no shows lately..(fish included).

It is one of those things that makes you wonder why. The snakehead when we can get back in the pads have chased but not hit. This heat will get them hitting again and I have a trip on Sunday. This will be my last trip on Mattowomen this season. Then off to the Dragon Swamp for the month of Sept and part of Oct.

Thanks
Capt Mike
Capt Dave

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Aug-12-21 6:33AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Three reports

I went out Tuesday morning with Casey to give him a preview of what to expect with Capt. Dave in a couple weeks. The pads were flooded with a super high tide, but we just did not see much baitfish in any of the pads we hit. We had a couple snakehead hits and did see one in a set of pads next to the channel. Managed to only land one good largie but it was a tough morning.

#3 Aug-12-21 6:38AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Sounds disappointing.  How is the hydrilla this year?

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Aug-12-21 8:22AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

It has filled all the areas between the pads up and all the shallow bays. Good healthy grass but not holding fish that will not break cover and eat.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#5 Aug-12-21 11:59AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Thanks, Capt. Mike!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer