Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-21-21 11:29AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

My new rig

Just got back from a 24 hour trip to Beloit, WI to pick her up. New 2021 Lund Pro-V Bass XS with a 200HP 6cylinder 4 stroke. All the dealers within 100 miles of here are sold out for 2021, and some are taking 2022 orders but the pricing is unknown, and the rumor is a 15% increase over 2021 prices because of COVID delays and tariffs...so yeah it was worth driving to get this boat, and I got it for less than MSRP, where other dealers in OH weren't budging on pricing.

I also got the 112lb thrust, 52" Ultrex with iPilot so I can control the boat from the back, and let my dad fish up front in an air-ride seat. I'm excited to let him finally fish up front, and I think he'll really enjoy that. Now I'm just waiting for the boat numbers and going to register the trailer this week.

https://i.imgur.com/74PadXVl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WSMDfBUl.jpg?1

#2 Mar-21-21 11:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: My new rig

That is a BEAST of a boat! Well done!

This rig will be with you for a very long time....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-21-21 12:23PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

What a beauty!  Congratulations!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Mar-21-21 3:13PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Sweet!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Mar-21-21 5:34PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Congrats, beautiful boat.

#6 Mar-21-21 6:54PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Thank you all. I'm still kind of in awe that I have this boat, I would have never imagined being in this position 5 years ago, but it all started with a charter excursion with Capt. Mike to get my dad on some snakeheads, then Curly's fishing machine, and then meeting great people in this community.

Last night I angled it in diagonally and took up the whole garage because it was so late. Took me 4 hours of fighting it with a Trailer Valet 5x, but I got it in to fit half the garage...well just a tad over half. big_smile
But I learned the hard way that the Trailer Valet 5x does not do well on an incline, and the tongue slide down my driveway about 4 inches into my bumper, and dinged up the skeg a little because I had it trimmed all the way down to get it to fit under the garage door. Well, it was definitely a learning experience and I'll have to keep practicing the routine to perfect it without anymore dust ups.

https://i.imgur.com/bDNZ8xGl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e6ICweal.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/D3H3WIfl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NE1e1tdl.jpg

#7 Mar-22-21 5:47AM

Ernie
Administrator

Oops...Bill Pearl cut a little square whole in the wall for the back end of the motor to fit. It's a delicate process to get her in but it works!

#8 Mar-22-21 8:10AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see her first slime!

What other things did you pick on on your road trip wink

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#9 Mar-22-21 12:05PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

firemunkee wrote:

8 bottles of WSR, 4 OWA107's, a Maker's Community Batch (that covid fundraiser one), and an Old Overholdt 11. big_smile

The WSR isn't spoken for so if want one lemme know. It's not that good IMO though...it's really light and sweet, not much bite or depth.

#10 Mar-23-21 4:34AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Congrats on the additions!  Amazing setup!!!!!  It's also one of the reasons why I ended up with a car port for the boat to easily put in and drag out.  Of course, this only works if you have the land and space to do it.  We might have to see what kind of trading we can do on the bottles.....I like to sample them all.

#11 Mar-23-21 8:17AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Junger wrote:

firemunkee wrote:

8 bottles of WSR, 4 OWA107's, a Maker's Community Batch (that covid fundraiser one), and an Old Overholdt 11. big_smile

The WSR isn't spoken for so if want one lemme know. It's not that good IMO though...it's really light and sweet, not much bite or depth.

Thanks for offering the WSR. I've gone through 2 bottles and I agree with your assessment. Nice score on that that Old Overholt 11! If you like older ryes, the Moco WP10 single barrels that are 16-17ys are super good. I tried the birthday "Birthday Barrel" and "Leap of Faith", both are 17yrs, and they were deeeelicious.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#12 Mar-23-21 1:31PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Phew, I was worried the boat got hurt .....

Does your Dad approve?  I can't wait to see the pix of him fishing in it

Congradualtions! Nice boat. Name her yet?

#13 Mar-23-21 6:51PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

hookup wrote:

Phew, I was worried the boat got hurt .....

Does your Dad approve?  I can't wait to see the pix of him fishing in it

Congradualtions! Nice boat. Name her yet?

Oh he's real excited, just waiting for my boat registration number so I can go break her in, then get him on the water. Still thinking of a boat name, but leaning toward the Dream Machine, because my dad's dream when he was my age was to have his own boat. He talked about it a lot when I was a kid, and then by the time he could afford it, it just never happened. We didn't have a lot of money growing up, and my memories of boating were at local lakes that had jon boat rentals where he'd drag around his heavy battery and transom clip trolling motor, so this is his dream fulfilled.

#14 Mar-24-21 4:35AM

Ernie
Administrator

Good name for many reasons. One dreams about having a boat and then gets the dream boat. The Lund is a dream of a boat!!

#15 Mar-24-21 8:06AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Great name Junger -  and thx for sharing the family memory

#16 Mar-27-21 12:56PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Do I need a signal flare for my boat on the tidal Potomac?

#17 Mar-28-21 10:05AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Flares , PFD and throw-able ring or seat cushion below 301 bridge.
In addition to below and required above is a fire extinguisher , anchor , horn and  navigation lights.

If the PFD is inflatable it must be worn above and below.

Whole bunch of regs for who must wear them and when one must wear them for regular PFDS.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#18 Mar-28-21 1:26PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

If and when you buy your flares check the expiration dates. One of the preferred marine stores (with West in their name) doesn't always have the freshest flares on the shelf. I bought a pack from them and when DNR checked me a month later they had already expired. Just got a warning. No more flares for me, there are
coast guard approved lights now that don't expire. One time purchase for $70 - 80 and just keep the batteries fresh. To me that beats remembering to spend $30 every few years for new flares.
BTW, I'm pretty sure your bill of sale will cover you on the water till your registration shows up. The DNR isn't keeping up well with covid going on.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#19 Mar-28-21 3:23PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Thanks fellas for the info. I don't plan to go below 301, but I might just get that electronic signal because you never know...

I'll give DNR a call tomorrow and see if I'm covered by having a copy of the bill of sale. I'd love to get her on the water this week, although this rain is giving me some consternation for big floating logs to hit while breaking the engine in.

Board footer