Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-12-21 12:19PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Upper Potomac 3/12/21

I got out before 8am and was planning on about a half day.  The air temps were in the 50's and the water was 48 degrees.  Water clarity was about the same as Wednesday.  I ran upriver to an island and was planning to just float and anchor going back.  The weather was great and it was cloudy.  Lots of birds, ducks and I saw a deer on the shore near me.  I fished about two hours with no bites when the wind picked up a lot.  It was forecasted at 6mph, but got easily over 15 mph from the North East, which is the worst for that float.  I was anchored and finally decided to move to the MD side, which looked less windy.

That worked out for the wind, but not the fishing.  I saw the wind was dying down some, so I eventually moved back.  I was a little more than halfway down the island when I got the skunk out with a 14" smallie.

https://i.imgur.com/wGO6H5t.jpg

It took the same red tube my fish from Wednesday bit.  I fished and floated for a while.  I did not have a lunch, so I stayed until about 1:30pm before heading back.  I threw tubes, neds, small cranks, jigs and an underspin.  Lots of wildlife and no boats until around noon.  I was off the water before 2:30pm.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Mar-12-21 3:46PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Upper Potomac 3/12/21

Do you think the bite woulda been better later? The sun finally showed up around 3!

#3 Mar-12-21 3:56PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice!

Tubes were the ticket for George today. I only had one bite on the retrieve (jig).

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Mar-12-21 5:29PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

I am not sure if the bite would improve, but the NW wind was picking up.  Some guy in a big Mako boat (25 foot?) was working on his boat at the ramp.  He said he just needed to get his lower unit in the water (WTF)?  The boat had MD registration that expired 12/31/19.  Luckily, he was all the way over to the side and the ramp was not busy when I pulled out.

#5 Mar-13-21 6:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

drxfish wrote:

Some guy in a big Mako boat (25 foot?) was working on his boat at the ramp.  He said he just needed to get his lower unit in the water (WTF)?  The boat had MD registration that expired 12/31/19.

Over the years, I've seen this a lot at Algonkian, Occoquan and Gravley. Guys work on their boats and then test them out. Maybe he jus bought it or was checking it out?

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Mar-13-21 6:49AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Probably.  Just a PITA.

Board footer