Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-05-21 8:59AM

Ernie
Administrator

Super Bowl

Well...not really.

Right now, we are in the middle of the Caribbean Series - 2021. Fortunately. ALL games are televised (in Spanish) on ESPNDeportes: https://www.espn.com/mlb/cws/story/_/id … n-deportes

I have taped every game and have speed watched them so far. Great for my Spanish retention!

It's no surprise of how they are stacking up so far except how bad Venezuela is doing. Here are the standings: Caribbean Series Standings - 2021http://www.espn.com/extra/baseball/cbws/standings

As an an aside, Cuba is not in it this year because they are still in their playoffs. They were "delayed" by some COVID issues...so they say. Ernie says that they didn't want their players going to Mexico (where series is being held) because many of their players have defected through Mexico before.

Anyway, there are a couple of Cuban players (DM) and managers (Venezuela) in the series.

Robbie Cano is playing and tearing the cover off the ball. I guess so since he juiced! He's banned in the US in 2021.

Victor Robles played for the winning DR team but did not travel to Mexico for the series.

Yadier Molina is also playing. Usually, some of the old farts you see playing in the series are washed up former major and minor leaguers.

Jarren Durran (CA kid playing for PR) will likely be the Red Sox starting CF in2021, he's had a good series.

It's been very relaxing to watch some decent baseball...

Since the Final is on Saturday night (10p), I will watch it during the Super Bowl.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-06-21 2:39PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Super Bowl

Panama squeaks in to the semis as the #4 seed and is leading DR in the bottom of the ninth. Can they hold? Nope!!

I know, it’s not baseball season but it’s warm where they are playing!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer