Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-02-20 3:32PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

LKA Stripers 12-2

So one of my neighbors recently retired and wanted me to teach him about fishing for stripers.  Scott didn't have much fishing experience but wanted to learn.  We got out in my boat a little after 1:30 and I set up my usual trolling spread of 6 rods pulling deep diving crank baits where I knew there would be some fish (without wasting a lot of time looking for schools).  We had a solid hit after 15 minutes, but it did not hook up good enough.  After about an hour, we get a solid hit on a deep diving silver Redfin. I coach him bringing it to the boat without tangling the other 5 lines.  A solid 22 inch fish.  Next fish on is a punk striper on a deep diving Taco Salad Bandit.....I reel it in and release.   Fish #3 is another solid hit on a silver Redfin and Scott masterfully gets it to the boat without tangling other lines.......just short of 22 inches and thick as well.  Fish #4 is another punk striper on the same Bandit that I land in 15 seconds and release.  Here is Scott with his prized fish.
https://i.imgur.com/hX4lgoW.jpg
Next was a lesson in fish filleting......I did the first one explaining what I was doing.  Scott did the second one and did a very decent job for the first one ever.....left a little meat behind, but better that I did on my first fish.  We were back at the house at sunset.

Lesson today: big fish on silver Redfins and small fish on Taco Salad Bandits....................

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Dec-02-20 6:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: LKA Stripers 12-2

Smile says it all....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-02-20 9:14PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Nicely done! I may hire you to teach me how to get them in the Potomac one day!

#4 Dec-03-20 4:40AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Great job creating more competition for yourself. wink  So good to each others and definitely made his day!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#5 Dec-03-20 6:04AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Looks like the student learned their lesson

#6 Dec-03-20 6:29AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Great stuff, Curly!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#7 Dec-04-20 5:41AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Awesome Curly!  I want to go crappie fishing with you!  My lady friends down there don't believe there is good fishing!

Board footer