Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-24-08 11:01AM

Ernie
Administrator

12-20-08, Hidden Valley Lake, Lawrenceville IN report

This is a story about two little boys, Peyton and Cooper Royer, who went fishing on a very cold Saturday (the temp was right at freezing and the wind was blowing about 10 mph). They are the sons of Brandon and Amy (my niece) Royer. 

Amy recounts, "they had so much fun, well Cooper and Brandon did...Peyton did a lot of grouching before they left"!

Brandon gave me the report and emailed me by saying, "I sure could have used your help fishing with the boys last Saturday.  They were good,
but man was it cold. We fished from 12:00 till 4:00 PM and caught more than 20 fish.  I kept and filleted 17 bluegill."

By the way, they grow bluegills pretty big in Indiana!

He went on to say that "the catch of the day was the largemouth, it was 16" long and just under 2 lbs".

The kid already knows how to hold a bass!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/NewImage.jpg

"The bait we used all day was bee moth aka wax worms.  We were using slip bobbers and fishing approx 15 to 18 ft deep.  One of our friends lives on the lake and we fished off of his dock all day.  It is a good spot because it is deep by is dock with a nice drop off.  Not sure of the water temp,
but I know it is very close to freezing.  All in all it was a great day of fishing."

I love these kind of reports!!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer