Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-20-20 3:26PM

Ernie
Administrator

11-20-20, Pax River

Originally, Mo and I had planned to meet around 11a to fish the Pax River. But, as things are, they had called for a Small Craft Warning until noon.

So, I showed up at noon and quickly loaded up the boat (23’ Sea Hunt CC).

https://i.imgur.com/Obve9uZ.jpg

Mo's pier faces S and we had some waves crashing in but I knew it would be calmer on the Pax NAS side, so off we went.

I was in control of the helm and we then decided to look for birds at the mouth of the river. The other alternative was to go upriver (Broomes Island) and wait for the Golden Hour bite.

We found birds and saw some fish on the meter and we started jigging...in 2-3' swells!  Just like last week, it was hard to get them to bite. You have to alter your jigging to see what they want.

We chased the birds for a bit in the swells but I noticed that Mo was a bit lethargic. He said, "I think I'm getting sick"! And you know, once you feel like crap out on the water there is usually no coming back.

Our fishing lasted maybe 30 minutes and got no bites even though we marked fish.

We came in to a cove near Pax NAS and had some lunch. Probably not the best for Mo but this is when we find out if he can go or not.

He was still not at 100% so we moved to another spot but it was too late. Mo asked to get home so I obliged.

We were back at the dock by 2:30p and I was on the road shortly after 3p.

As I was getting home, Mo texted me and said that he was feeling fine now and that the river was flat calm!

https://i.imgur.com/rsASsVT.jpg

I got home at 5:15.

Another fishing expedition in the books!

Mo and Amy relaxing on their back porch....

https://i.imgur.com/jdGNaMq.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Nov-21-20 6:28AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 11-20-20, Pax River

Beautiful view!  Sorry to hear the fishing was not to be.  I was hoping to read about and see some fish caught.  Nice boat, Mo!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Nov-21-20 6:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

drxfish wrote:

I was hoping to read about and see some fish caught.

Yep...me too but stuff happens! Still beats sitting at home...

#4 Nov-21-20 8:47AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Beautiful sunset

#5 Nov-21-20 4:34PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Next installment of motor testing was this afternoon. Only had a little over an hour so no fishing gear. Launched at Hallowing Point near Benedict, MD. Motor is getting better, but not quite right yet. Benedict is well up the Patuxent river. Saw two different boats casting and jigging the bridge abutments with lead head/ shad combos Both were catching some keepers. Other boats returning from Sheridan Point had limits they caught trolling. Bet I'll have tackle next time.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#6 Nov-21-20 4:38PM

Ernie
Administrator

My friend Rob was out today and caught dinks in the bay and then came inside and caught keepers near Broomes Island.

I caught Mo trolling today...yikes! It was flat cal so he was good.

Board footer