Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-01-20 2:23PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

10/1/20 Potomac DC

I decided to try my luck with the Tidal Potomac in DC.  I got out just as the sun was coming up.  Beautiful early Fall morning. 

https://i.imgur.com/g61uZCb.jpg

I ran to the Washington Channel.  I tried trolling a jointed bomber minnow lure (white with red head) back to the section I wanted to fish.  I switched to a Rapala DT Thug halfway back.  No bites on those.  I tried different crankbaits and underspins with shad lures.  I saw fish on the finder and a couple surfaced near me.  I just could not get them to bite.  After the sun came out and I had worked the wall ledge a couple times, I went back to the back of the channel.  The best thing about the trip was the lack of boat traffic in the channel.  No Water taxi or sightseeing boats.  Sad, but convenient for me.  Lots of construction still going on there on the waterfront still.

I worked the inflow area and finally caught a catfish with a tube on a swim jig.  It was about 5 pounds, but I never took it out of the net,

https://i.imgur.com/lgH6d2s.jpg

I ate my ham sandwich under a bridge and then made my way back out of the channel.  I tried the wall ledge again with crankbaits and ended up hooking a little smallie about 5 or 6 inches long.  The Harbor Patrol approached me before I left I guess because I was being blown close to the wall by the wind.  I assured them I was trying to stay away and was just leaving.  They were nice and did not ask for anything else.

The wind had picked up and the trip back across the river was a little bumpy.  I was off the water around 1pm.  My TM battery was getting low and I did not want to risk it dying.  I was happy I did not get skunked and it looks like this might be my last fishing trip for a while with my surgery coming up on the 12th.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Oct-01-20 6:15PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10/1/20 Potomac DC

Nice day to be out...too bad they didn't get the message that you were coming. Or maybe they did!   lol

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-02-20 7:04AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Even a kitty will take away the skunk

Good luck on the 12th

Last edited by hookup (Oct-02-20 7:05AM)

#4 Oct-02-20 7:56AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

I like that sunrise picture. Glad you didn't get skunked

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer