Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-10-20 8:27AM

Ernie
Administrator

A timely post for the uncertain times...

Got this from a biking friend...

"The relapse and overdose rate has increased by 30% since March 2020. Mental health issues related to our lock down and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Health has a 24-hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

We who bike know that biking can change a person's outlook and get them 'over the hump' when they're struggling. I challenge each of us to think about a friend they've not biked with in a while and reach out to them today -- do they need to go on a socially distanced ride? Do they just need to get that text/call/email/message that lets them know one of their bike buddies cares?

And if you're that person who needs someone to ride with, please contact the club (Reston Bike Club). You matter and biking with friendly people can help."

Applies to fishing as well.

Stay safe!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Sep-10-20 9:47AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: A timely post for the uncertain times...

Great message.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Sep-29-20 4:23AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

I determined that after 14 years years, 5 back wheels, and handgrip worn thru to metal...
I determined a new bike was in order.
I found a great local shop (support these guys) and went over only to learn they were sold out.
A surge in demand coupled with manufacturing delays were reported to have cleared the north American industry of inventory.
To ernies point, cycling is a great option for anyone looking to simply feel better.
The entertainment and exhilaration disguise the very real work being done as fun.
There isn't a pill, book, podcast, or video game that can do more for the body and soul

#4 Sep-29-20 4:28AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Remember a helmet at all times. Bike helmets are light and unnoticeable, until you fall

#5 Sep-29-20 4:37AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Love biking road and mountain, but after knee injuries from my service time....they have been collecting dust.  I sold my roadie, but kept my mountain thinking I might be able to get back into it.  After 10 years, I don't think that will happen.  So, I've moved on to the next step....an electric bike!!! 
I did notice that prices in bikes have sky rocketed since the last time I bought a bike.

#6 Sep-29-20 6:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

bigjeffie wrote:

Remember a helmet at all times. Bike helmets are light and unnoticeable, until you fall

Absolutely!

That's always my message to the neighborhood kids. They ALWAYS see Mr. Ernie with his helmet on.

#7 Sep-29-20 6:34AM

Ernie
Administrator

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

but after knee injuries from my service time....they have been collecting dust.

Are knee replacements in your future? If so, get after it after they cut. Results may vary but those who work at it are happy!

Yesterday, after my ride, one of the neighborhood kids looked at my knees and asked why they both have such big scratches on them. The ensuing conversation was funny. He's 4.

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

So, I've moved on to the next step....an electric bike!!!

I see this in my future as the 2 replaced knees begin to wear out...and I get older. A little "assist" up the hills would be welcomed!

Board footer