Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-23-20 2:16PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

9-23-20 Report

Went out today mid-day to do research on Mattawomen Creek. Got no hits and no follows..Have a trip tomorrow and hope the early morning bite is good.

Talked to several other anglers and they all got zero as well. Talked to 5 different boats and something is way off. We will see what Thursday brings.

Interesting..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Sep-23-20 2:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 9-23-20 Report

That's goofy...are the LMB on strike?

They know the gotta eat a little more now that the temps are dropping....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-23-20 4:49PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Do you think they are heading out to the main river early? Seems like the spring was off, where the warm Feb maybe pushed them up shallow early, and now this early cold snap is pushing them out.

#4 Sep-23-20 5:20PM

Ernie
Administrator

Normally, they vacate the shallows at around 60df. We found plenty of them in warmer waters. Was hard to fish outside the "creek" so we didn't ever find out if they were biting then.

I will be fishing the Wicomico (out of Chaptico) on Saturday so I'm hopeful the water stays near 70. We shall see.

But once they go (deep), it's "see you later" until after they spawn in March/April/May. Then, back at it again starting around June.

I know lots of folks that will jig them up when they school up in the deeper water but that's just not my game. Plus, it would be cold then!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer