Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-25-20 11:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

Body found in Potomac River near Harrison Island

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. - Rescue and emergency crews from both Montgomery County in Maryland and Loudoun County in Virginia were on the scene Monday afternoon after a body was spotted in the Potomac River.

Shortly after 4 p.m., a Montgomery County fire and rescue official indicated that the body had been located, and police were being ferried to the scene to begin the death investigation.

Boats were deployed from both Edwards Ferry and Whites Ferry to assist in the effort.

The identity has not been released, nor have they indicated how the person ended up in the water.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-25-20 12:58PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Body found in Potomac River near Harrison Island

Stories been updated

Discovery made Monday near White's Ferry
Police said Tuesday that the body found in the Potomac River on Monday was a Virginia man. Jason Lloyde Scrivo, 27, of Leesburg, Va. was found dead in the Potomac River in the Dickerson area Monday afternoon, police wrote in a press release on Tuesday.

https://bethesdamagazine.com/bethesda-b … tes-ferry/

Last edited by hookup (Aug-25-20 1:05PM)

#3 Aug-25-20 2:18PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Terrible.  Wonder what happened?

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Aug-25-20 5:14PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

something does not smell right..................

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Aug-25-20 6:40PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

He was found on the VA side 10ft from shore, out of the current, in the area of the Red Red Overlook.  Could be a suicide.  If so might not ever hear any more about this in the news. LCSO never reports any info about suicides, I'm not sure about MD LE.

#6 Aug-26-20 11:32AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Saw this on FB today

My mom's caregiver lost her stepson this week. He was found in the Potomac River. This, as you can imagine, has been devastating to her and her family. They are pleading for the community's help in finding any information about his death and in locating his mountain bike. Please, if anybody saw Jason this weekend near Whites Ferry or Red Rock in Leesburg or has seen a bike that looks like the below, reach out to me or the Leesburg police. Also, prayers for the family are greatly appreciated and please share! Thank you in advance!

There were pix of Jason and the lost bike.  The sign said they are looking for information Jason's death or the location of his bike.  They gave a telephone number 703 625 8204

Board footer