Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-21-20 2:21PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

5/21/20 Upper Potomac

Since Algonkian is now open, I hit my home stretch for the first time in 3 months? I got to the ramp about 8am. Water was a nice color and about 60-62 degrees.  I worked areas out of the wind, floating slowly against the wind.  I tried a few different lures.  After a couple hours, I got bit on a grub on my UL rod.  I never really caught up to the fish and it jumped and threw my lure after a few seconds.  The fish looked to be a less than 12 inch smallie.

I ran a little further up and tried my island.  I ate lunch and anchored near an underwater boulder.  After I finished my sandwich, I cast a Z-man ticklerz on a weedless ned jig and got a couple taps.  I pulled and reeled in a little bass about 6 inches long.  At least I got the skunk out of the boat.

No other bites and the wind picked up, so I got off the water around 2pm.  It was good to get out.  I am pretty sure any bass in the river are trying to spawn now.  Here comes the rain.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 May-21-20 8:03PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 5/21/20 Upper Potomac

I stopped by the ramp around 3 after taking my boat back and there were no boat trailers there.

Glad you got nibbled on...

Looks like 3/4" of rain coming. Hoping that won't make much of  difference on the river.

Someone (MD DNR) said the UP is on fire! I'd like to know where.

Josh Keller caught over 60 today...in PA.

Bill Pearle caught close to 90 today...in NY!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-22-20 6:27AM

darbrewe

We were down around Key Bridge yesterday fighting the wind. Despite not being able to feel the bottom I caught 1 18" SM on a tube. Felt bad for my buddy who had to fight the trolling motor all day. We both got wind burned!
Has anyone fished around 3 sisters? Would love to go back there in a kayak and pick it apart. We couldn't really get in there with a bass boat.

#4 May-22-20 6:49AM

Ernie
Administrator

Three sisters and up is good fishing! But it takes such a long time to get there that I usually decide against it.

#5 May-22-20 6:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is Bill's biggest if the day on the St. Lawrence!

Guess the weight?

https://i.imgur.com/l9FZ9vG.jpg

#6 May-22-20 6:54AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

WOW!  6.5 pounds?

#7 May-22-20 6:57AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

darbrewe wrote:

We were down around Key Bridge yesterday fighting the wind. Despite not being able to feel the bottom I caught 1 18" SM on a tube. Felt bad for my buddy who had to fight the trolling motor all day. We both got wind burned!
Has anyone fished around 3 sisters? Would love to go back there in a kayak and pick it apart. We couldn't really get in there with a bass boat.

That area can be tough to fish with the current.  I picked it apart once, but only caught one fish in the middle.  Was a few years ago.

#8 May-22-20 8:57AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

8lb

Board footer