Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-07-20 5:50PM

Ernie
Administrator

Need some ideas...

Because of C19, we've had to cancel many of our Wounded Heroes fishing events and don't know when we can get started back up...if ever. A lot of our participants are high risk. But not all.

We had a call tonight and discussed things like having a virtual fishing tourney (each fish caught gets a ticket for a raffle), fishing related educational videos, sending past participants a gift card to CVS or Giant etc.

What else can we do for these guys?

Remember, we don't have any staff, we are all volunteers but we want to do something.

Any idea is worth exploring...fire away!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 May-08-20 4:31AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Need some ideas...

Bring Mission BBQ in somehow

Newsletter

#3 May-08-20 5:28AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Send a small bag of lures to locations in conjunction with your virtual tourney. 

Newsletter could have tips and instructions on how to fish lures.

Food is always good.  Maybe bring hats or T shirts to promote.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 May-08-20 5:40AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Could you do an on-line tournament using Zoom or similar software? The tournament could ask serious and trivia questions about fishing...lures, techniques, reading the water, pro fishermen, etc. Could do it in an elimination manner with multiple rounds if you had enough participants. Winners and participants could pick their prizes from your list and get them via mail. Just my two cents worth...
Bruce

#5 May-08-20 6:12AM

Aches n Pains
Northern Snakehead

Not sure how it might fit but Xnote is a virtual geocaching application.  The host sets up a series of locations and the participants use their GPS apps to visit each location and get directions to the next spot.  Maybe have them visit good fishing spots on the lakes or other Ashburn spots.  At each location the host leaves a message pointing to the next spot.  Sort of like a treasure hunt.  You might leave a bait at each spot, etc.  For social distancing you would have to schedule participation so that everyone doesn't show up at the same time.  Bruce's thought on serious and trivia questions could be a part of each stop.

I have done this as lock down activity for my grandkids.

#6 May-08-20 6:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Thanks gents! Keep the ideas coming. I will send them on to the team...

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer