Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-03-08 2:20PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Beech 12-3-2008

Fished Beech for about an hour this evening and caught 3 decent sized crappie using a jig and Kalin shad grubs. I missed a bunch of strikes to the left and right of the spillway. They were schooling about 20 feet out.

Seems when I put the grubs in the bag of Gulp! juice, I get more strikes. Might also just be a placebo effect smile.

I also gave Alder a try but did not get a single nibble. Saw Patrick out there fishing with the pig and jig.

Curly - here is the link you posted about a year ago when you had a mess of Crappie. I'm hoping to have a day like you did soon..

http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/v … php?id=490

#2 Dec-03-08 2:22PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Beech 12-3-2008

Good to meet you today Khanh. I hit Beech and Cedar and did zero, zippy, nada. I did manage cold hands though!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Dec-03-08 2:35PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

It was great finally meeting you as well, Patrick. It's always good to meet fellow members out on the lake. Curly and I talked today and both of us agree that this fall/winter has been alot tougher than previous years in terms of locating and catching the bigger fish. Maybe things we we see will pick up once we see those warm winter days we saw last year when it was over 70 degrees.

#4 Dec-04-08 6:46AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

At least the crappie seem to be biting...maybe we should switch back for a while and reduce the bass fishing pressure.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer