Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-02-07 7:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-2-07, Kent Narrows MD (CCA Tournament)

I fished the Kent Narrows MD 4th Annual CCA Tournament with Tony Friedrich who has local knowledge in Eastern Bay waters where we fished today.  We both entered the fly fishing division. I brought NO spinning or casting tackle, just fly rods.

The day began with me catching a little dink...but I will show the picture below because it's the 1st striper I have caught using a sinking line. This method will open up many new areas of fly fishing for me as you can get the fly down pretty deep using this special line.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5747/img1881md6.jpg

Tony caught about a dozen fish and I caught five but they were all less than 18". Incredibly, there was only one fish weighed in for the Fly fishing division so if one of the fish we caught would have been 18", one of could have taken 2nd place. Yeah, I know....woulda coulda shoulda.

For the fly guys, the fishing was tough because we had an outgoing tide and a SW wind which made drifting difficult. When one is fishing a deep sinking line, a proper drift is critical (I fond this out today).

Anyway, Tony has lots of experience and I learned tons from him for which I am grateful.

With about an hour to o in the tourney, Tony got a all from his friend Dave who had not really fished because he had 2-3 folks on his boat and he had to do all the driving. So we went and got Dave to see if we could get him a fish but to no avail.

But he was not upset as you will see in the picture below (Dave and Tony).

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5831/img1884mx4.jpg

Another excellent day on the water!

Ernie

PS- This was the 1st time I had the new boat out in "real" salty type water and she handled beautifully.Both Tony and Dave complemented me on the great ride it had both in a following sea and with a chop.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-03-07 6:42AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 6-2-07, Kent Narrows MD (CCA Tournament)

Congratulations! Striper on a fly is impressive.

smile

#3 Jun-03-07 10:18AM

Ernie
Administrator

I was tired! Looks like the Tahoe may be on its last legs. I think there is a loss of compression in the engine. Barely limped back from Kent Island. Had to cool the motor off a few times on the side of the road.

Anyone know where I can get a nice used pick up truck?

Ernie

#4 Jun-04-07 4:25PM

Ernie
Administrator

Not too sure about cars and eBay but might be worth a look. Mechanic still has not given me a prognosis....might be the fuel injectors but you never know!

Ernie

#5 Jun-05-07 5:57AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

There is a 1990 ford 250 for 2K on the PRAC classifieds

smile

Board footer