Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-18-19 11:49AM

KevinJ
Northern Snakehead

Anyone know good rod repair?

I completely jacked up the cork on my (basically new - ugh) St Croix Legend Tournament rod. Does anyone have experience or know someone who has experience fixing cork?  I know I can send it to St Croix, but I’m trying to avoid that.

#2 May-20-19 2:16PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Anyone know good rod repair?

KevinJ wrote:

I completely jacked up the cork on my (basically new - ugh) St Croix Legend Tournament rod. Does anyone have experience or know someone who has experience fixing cork?  I know I can send it to St Croix, but I’m trying to avoid that.

Fixin' meaning replacing?

Dan Grulke can do that. I need to take a rod to him so bring it over if you want.

Charlie Russler can do it as well but he is in Falling Waters WV. He's the one who customized many of my rods a few years back.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-23-19 11:03AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Try to do it yourself.  Not hard at all

#4 May-24-19 7:13PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

You can buy some cork and use sandpaper or a file to turn it into fine shavings. Add Elmer’s glue or some wood glue, just enough to make it a paste, and then slather it into the damage and let it dry. Once it’s dry use coarse sandpaper to get it close to the former shape and then move to fine and finish it up. Tape the rod blank areas around where you are sanding with masking tape to protect the blank. You likely won’t match the color of your other cork but after some use and fish slime it all evens out.

Board footer