Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-14-18 11:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

Lefty Kreh

We lost an amazing man today, humble to the core. If you ever saw him throw a fly line, you were awed by the ease in which he did it. Luckily, I had a chance to meet him and chat with him a few times. I am thankful for that.

RIP

Here is a note from his grand daughter & family:

It is with deepest regrets to make this announcement.

Dear friends,

I am sorry to relay sad information to all of you.

Bernard Victor Kreh “Lefty” passed away today in the presence of his family. He passed without pain. He told us multiple times during the worsening of his illness how lucky he was to have so many friends. During these last few weeks he was so sick and without energy that he was unable to respond to any emails and the many phone messages left for him. I can say this was a-great comfort to him.

There will be a celebration of his life in the upcoming weeks. We will update you when plans are made.

Lefty would want us to celebrate life and not mourn him.

During the course of the week that I’ve been here, one thing he kept mumbling was Spirit Springs, over and over. When I asked him, what or where that is, he simply replied, that’s where he’s going, to fishing heaven, to Spirit Springs.

He passed peacefully and with no pain. He was surrounded by family and loved ones.
At the time of his death, a hard wind shook the house as if he was taking the winds home to my Grandma.

As he got me into photography, he once told me he had to carry a camera with him because you never know when something may take your breath away and you want to take it home for later.
So on ending this, I know myself and all of you are going to look to the water now, and if you come to a spot where something takes your breath away, I’m going to feel his presence each time and take a photo. That way I can take a bit of the inspiration and his spirit back home with me.

Tight Lines, best wishes, and All The Best,

Sam and The Kreh Family

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to: Greater Baltimore Medical Center / Gilchrist hospice in honor of Lefty Kreh to Mail to: GBMC Philanthropy, 6701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21204; or online at https://www.gbmc.org/donate (Under “Designation” choose “Other.” Then in the next field, type: “Lefty Kreh Memorial”); or call: 443-849-3303.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-14-18 12:23PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Lefty Kreh

Sad.  Never met him, but heard great things.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Mar-14-18 12:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

He had a long life and influenced a ton of people....in a very good way.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Mar-14-18 12:48PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

A true ambassador for the sport. RIP lefty.

#5 Mar-15-18 9:44AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Did you see the great article in Garden and Gun?

http://gardenandgun.com/feature/souther … -of-lefty/

Capt Mike

Last edited by captmikestarrett (Mar-15-18 9:44AM)

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#6 Mar-18-18 1:55PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

RIP Lefty

Board footer