Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-08-18 11:03AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Antlers?

I just saw an 8 point walking through the backyard. This has to be the latest I have ever seen a buck that still had both antlers. I've found sheds in the yard in early january before so I am guessing this guy is a real anomaly. He looked normal/healthy for march. I'd say a 3 year old from the body shape and antlers.  Anybody else see any this late?

#2 Mar-09-18 4:08AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Antlers?

I have not.  As a matter of fact...deer are usually pretty hard to spot this time of year, so you seeing one with antlers still is really weird!  I was actually going to head out on Sunday to do look for sheds....maybe their all still wearing them! lol

#3 Mar-09-18 10:03AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Everything that I have ever read about shed hunting says to go in late feb/early march right after a rain so they stick up and out over the leaf litter and shine.

#4 Mar-12-18 3:45AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

That is great advice!  I went out yesterday and it was hard to tell the difference between the broken branches (EVERYWHERE) and anything that looked like a rack.  We decided to set up a food plot with a netting system to at least coax an antler shed next year.  Get the whole thing set up after January is the plan.  But, I did a little search and saw people picking up Moose, Elk sheds out north and west.....ughhh.  Looks like 50lbs of bone!

Board footer